Not a peri issue but thought some of you might know?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Any of you ladies had gallbladder issues??Ive had loose stools for four weeks and cramping and pain after eating at times and chest pain..Some pain on right side under ribs but also on left side under ribs and a knot feeling under my sternum at times..sometimes worse after eating and other times im fine...Just not feeling good and thought maybe some of you have been thru this...You all have helped so much with peri and knew i could trust all of you for some good advice....thank you so much..

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Have you had an Ultrasound or Nuclear Med scan to check the Gallbladder, Laurie? Sure sounds like Gallbladder issues. Could be IBS as well, (I have that one and when it flares up can have symptoms like yours) but the best way to know is having the test to rule it out. I had mine checked and it was fine. Miserable feeling at the time though. Sorry for your pain and I hope you feel well soon! biggrin

Annie xx

• Posted

Yes! Laurie, I am going through this right now - the tight knotted feeling pain under ribs (mainly on left for me) through to back, loose/floating stools, worse after eating and lots of acid/reflux too. This has been going on since the end of last summer. It got really bad in Nov/Dec and I had many investigations. Nothing could be found and I improved a bit but this last week it all seems to have come back.

It could be the gall bladder - that's the first thing they checked with me. An ultrasound of the gall bladder would be a first step to check for gallstones. You can also get 'biliary sludge' which doesn't show up on scans but can also cause similar symptoms.

The interesting thing is that although this doesn't seem like a peri issue it could very well be. The hormone fluctuations can affect digestion profoundly at this time of life and I have read research to suggest it can increase gall bladder and pancreatic sensitivity. So your symptoms could be linked to peri.

Let us know how you get on and really hope your pain shifts soon. I have the knotted/'bubble' feeling under my ribs right now!

• Posted

I have about the same thing that you have loose stools cramping on my left side and sometimes on my right side. I have IBS also and certain foods can trigger symptoms like that with cramping on the left or right side and loose stools 

Just to make sure I would get tested to make sure its not your gallbladder 

Try some fiber to help with the stools thats suppose to harden it up 

• Posted

Thank you ladies...Go to Dr tomorrow so will see what she says....Just so flipping tired of all this sh**!!!!Want the person i was back...Seems like since peri I should be a VIP at Drs office...lol Our poor bodies have to go thru so much at this time..Then wonder why we feel we are goin nuts...You ladies are the best!!!Hope you all get to feeling better!!!
    • Posted

Good luck at doctor's tomorrow....We're all tired of this malarky and boy it would be so great to have a magic wand to make it all go away for good and we'd have our old selves back. I sure miss me!

Let us know what you discover after your visit.

Feel better!

Annie xxxx

• Posted

Hi Laurie

i had my gall bladder out about ten years ago, I was about forty, and apparently the old wives tale is fat, fecund and forty to suffere from it!  I used to get a horrid referred pain in my right shoulder under the shoulder blade as a warning sign that I was about to get an attack, and then I'd be sick every hour during the night, but unlike an upset tummy, it never made me feel better. The doctor initially gave me a form of Omeprazole -Zantac, I think - a he was convinced it was acid reflux until I asked if ithe shoulder pain wasn't a symptom. When it got really bad and I had a constant kind of seasickness, the doctor gave me a press just under the sternum which sent me through the roof with pain, making him diagnose gall bladder which is what I thought, my friend had it about two years earlier - she used to sit on the stairs and rock with the pain,ass he was never actually sick. Try asking him to press your sternum where the goal bladder is - your stomach is a,to higher than you think! Hope it works out for you - since my op I have been great, no mo problems, like magic, and all done by keyhole! 

• Posted

Hello, I'm 48 had gallbladder out 10 yrs ago. Mine was not due to the typical fat, female, 40, however lol. I had lost weight and wasn't eating except maybe one meal a day due to stress which I guess can mess up your gallbladder when releasing bile and cause stones. Was getting pain on side gallbladder is on, can't remember now haha. Emergency room 3 times, last time had pain radiating in my chest. They took it out that night. Have not suffered since and haven't experienced side effects like some unfortunately do. Glad you're getting it checked, it is a miserable dilemma!
  • Posted

Yes, I am actually going through this right now. It comes and goes with me. Mine started about a little over a year ago. I told my GP that I thought it was my gallbladder but they said my pain was on the wrong side and that I'd be dreadfully ill if it was my gallbladder. They said it was heartburn. Mine is more bloating and pressure. But still quite bothersome. Sometimes Zantac helps.
  • Posted

i hope someone who has first had knowledge of gallbladder stones replies to you.

in my quest to find out whats wrong with me, i,ve spoken to ots of women who have this issue.

my pain is to the left so i,ve taken this condition off my hit list.

i do know it doesnt usually get better by itself.

please dont delay a visit to the doctor as one of my friends ignored her pain and she ended up with pancreatitis and has a long way to go before she gets well.

other friends have had their gallbladders out and are fine.

insist on a test.

good luck

• Posted

I had my gall bladder taken out a year ago.  Symtoms came on fast.  Pain just below the waist line on right side of body, almost like indigestion but worse.  They took it out through the belly button so no after discomfort, just a bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.