Not a question - a warning!

Posted , 14 users are following.

Mirtazapine has destroyed my life.

Complete adhenioa and apathy after it pooped-out.

Suffering with akathasia while trying to come off, along with many other withdrawel effects.

Wish I had done cbt....none of this would have happened.

Give me my old anxiety back anyday. Ruined me and my family.

3 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry to hear that Mirtazapine hasn`t helped you (infact it`s effects sound pretty devastating!),.

But like many others, I found it very helpful, on the other hand Prozac did nothing to help my depression, there again, many people have had their life turned around for the better with Prozac.

The point being, we are all different, and react differently to different treatments.

Hope you find some stability and relief from whatever you decide to do.

All the best

Paddy x

• Posted

BTW I think Mirtazapine comes under the SNRI range of drugs. :-

"Mirtazapine, a presynaptic alpha2-adrenoreceptor antagonist, increases central noradrenergic and serotonergic neurotransmission. It has few antimuscarinic effects, but causes sedation during initial treatment" (BNF April 2014 ed.)

If that means anything to anyone.

Paddy

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I know this post is two years old now but did you mange to sort this out as I've only just discovered this post and I'm exactly the same as you. I've been told meditation can sort it but I'm not convinced and I'm going to try ECT I think.

All the best Stuart

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.