Not a UTI so what is it?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had quite a bad UTI over a month ago now, took 2 lots of antibiotics and the UTI is gone, had numerous urine tests since and there is no infection.

However my symptoms have not gone, they are mild , slight stinging when urinaring occasionally, but what's bothering me is the feeling of needing to pee constantly and that uncomfortable feeling in your lower tummy that your bladder is constantly full.

I've had swabs done everything came back normal and I am not pregnant.

Anyone any advice? It's really getting me down. sad

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Been to doctors this morning. Tested my urine and he said there are nitrates showing, have given me a weeks worth of nitrofuratonin. Got to call the doctors for results of the urine sample, if it shows no infection still the GP said he would be stumped!!! Hope the antibiotics work for me this time!
    • Posted

Fingers and toes crossed. Nitrofurantoin is an excellent antibiotic for a UTI.
    • Posted

It didn't work for me at all. I took it in June but got no improvement.

• Posted

It depends on what bug is causing the infection that's why a specimen should always be sent to the laboratory for testing. I was given another antibiotic when I had a UTI and that didn't work. GP changed me to Nitrofurantoin and within 2 days I felt much better.
    • Posted

I have tried trimethoprim and co-amoxiclav and seem to still have a slight infection, so hoping this one works for me.
  • Posted

Thought I'd update, on day 3 of nitrofuratonin and my symptoms haven't disappeared but they seem to have subsided quite a lot so far! The feeling of needing to pee constantly is much less intense and is easier to manage.

Hoping it gets better from here! I am calling the GP to find out the result of the test that they sent to the lab.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.