Not able to get pregnant?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been trying to conceive for about 1 year and a couple months and have not got pregnant what to do? Make Appt for what, I don't think I can get pregnant?" My SO and I are heart broken.

When I was 18-20 I would have unprotected sex and never got pregnant and now I am 25 and have been trying to conceive a baby with my SO for about 1 year and about 3 months I have anemia and never been to the hospital never broken a bone hardly get sick. I hardly got to the doctor unless I am extremly sick. The few times I have got sick I throw up and feel dizzy and I hurry to take a pregnancy test just to be a negative and my SO sees how sad I get every time its a negative and every time I see my friends having a baby or even watching movies or even commercials of somebody pregnant makes me cry knowing what if its possible I can't have my own and if we will never have our child we want.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It takes some couple's years.. Talk to you obgyn about it to make sure you don't have any physical issues making it impossible. Do you track your ovulation every single month? Maybe you have a strange cycle where your days just aren't on point. Good luck!

• Posted

Really? But between both relationships I have been in having uprotected sex has been about 4 years total. Obgyn just tell the doctor straight out I don't think I can't have children or is there 1 specific test I should request first? My ovulation no I have my period so random either 1 week early or 1 week late. Except a couple months ago me and my SO were so excited because my period was late 3 weeks but by the mid week it came and we were so disappointed.

Thanks for your input much appreciated this is the first time I have told about this problem I have been getting sadder in 2 months I will be 26 and thinking this problem will reach 2 years and still no baby. Its mostly all I could think of.

• Posted

Just tell your doctor you have been steuggling to conceive and were wondering if you could get some tests done to see if you are infertile.. Get an ovulation tracker from the store. It will tell you your most fertile days of the month.. Make sure you do as much intercourse as possible those days.. After, put your legs up against the wall while laying down for 15 minutes.. I'm not sure if it's an old wives tale, but my doctor told me to try that when I first wanted to try to get pregnant.. It worked

• Posted

Hi kate, Im sorry to hear your struggling. I just want you to know that you are not alone, i have been in your position and it broke my heart. I was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 16, At the age of 17 i lost my virginity to my first ever boyfriend and never used protection i kept thinking to myself i wont be able to have children anyway since i had irregualr periods (they would come 1s every 6month) a couple years later i met my new boyfriend who ive been happily dating for 2years now im pregnant at the age of 21, Basically what im trying to say is even though ive never used any form of protection for all these years and being diagnoised with PCOS and having irregular periods. You can get pregnant! Never give up! Miricals happen. Im proof of that.. i wish you the best of luck and im sending lots of babydust your way x
  • Posted

Before you get upset,go to a gynecologist to get checked.It could be something small that needs to be fixed.

If you find there is a reason that you dont conceive,you have options like envitro.

And its amazing how many women will help another become a mum.

I think you will get pregnant if you get a check up and do some ovulation timing etc.GOOD LUCK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.