Not being able to think and process things

Posted , 5 users are following.

One day i woke up and it felt like half of my brain was gone went from 3.5 gpa with no effort to fighting for a 3.0). When ever im thinking its like a millon diffrent things are going through my brain and i cant seem to latch on to a thought. its like im always in auto-pilot mode. I thought i just woke up stupid one day, and its been going on for About a year now. I cant seem to remeber a thing from the past days. Only faint memeories from the past. I can never concentrate and i dont know what to do or if this even a thing

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sounds like my worst nightmare. For the good of your future you need to find out what's wrong. My advice would be to consult more than one GP, get as many tests done as possible, including an MRI of your brain. if a particular GP thinks a particular test is unnecessary that you think you should have, then go to another GP. Get as much information about this as you can so that you have a shot at figuing out what is wrong and maximize your chance at not having to spend the rest of your life this way.
  • Posted

See the GP and discuss ONLY the neurological impairment - how it's interfering with your life.  Give issues that point directly to an inability in the brain (something like an ischemic (low blood flow) condition to the brain.  Your goal is to walk away with no medication, but with tests.
  • Posted

I feel your struggle. You should be thankful you can recieve a 3.0 GPA at least. My condition sounds a lot like yours, brain is just in a constant panic and fear. I can't seem to focus on anything and I forget almost everything that I experience in my day... It's really a sad condition. I have dropped out of one of my summer classes due to my condition and I am in fear of beginning again. I am afraid of stepping out the house as I am afraid I would lose the way. My heart is constantly racing time... I can't just enjoy the moment. Everything feels hard and heavy to do. I suggest you ask God to help you, as praying to him has brought some positive change... He is the most merciful and hates to see you suffer. Try to think positive and push yourself a little more, you will be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.