Not coping

Posted , 4 users are following.

I lost my partner and best friend suddenly of a heart attack and have not been able to function since. I have two teenage children who are basically looking after me. I can't sleep, i have no appetite and can't focus on anything. I still keep expecting to hear his keys in the door and for him to call me a silly cow for crying. I miss him so much. He was the only person in the world who knew me inside out.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hey Kelly

Im so sorry for your lose it must be tough and understand your devastated.

Get yourself some help you cant do this on your own,and you still have your kids to think of.

Go and see your GP and maybe think about some therapy.

Please get yourself the help you need and deserve.

Take Care

• Posted

Thank you Lynne. I have contacted my GP and have an appointment for tomorrow. I just feel so lost and the situation is very complicated. I only lost him last Thursday and was there when he passed. He was only 46 and the heart attack came out of nowhere, no previous heart conditions.

​I can't see a future without him.

• Posted

Oh Kelly  my heart goes out to you.

You are so brave,it is really early days and you have to grieve

I know it sounds like a cliche but time is a great healer.

Try and let your family and friends help lean on them until you are strong enough

God Bless x

• Posted

Hello.

I'm so so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Sounds like you have some amazing children.

I think Lynne is absolutely right. You need a bit more support. Your GP should be able to give you something to help you sleep snd may be able to advice other sources of help. Do you have other family members you can turn to?

I know you don't feel like your coping but you're doing really well. It's a cliche but you need to give yourself time to grieve.

I really hope you begin to feel better.

Love and best wishes

Vicky

XxxxX

• Posted

Thank you Vicky. My partner and children are my only family and the kids are amazing. I'm very proud of them both and feel very lucky to have them. Have so many friends around me but they are all very practical and are hurrying me along to get things done. Just feels like i can't breathe under the weight of everything. My partner was the strong one, not me.
    • Posted

Just sending you a massive hug.  My heart is aching for you. 

I am glad you are seeing your doctor .... there are many things they can do to help, but nobody can stop the grieving process.  Take all the help and support you can to get to get you through it. 

I am so sorry for what has happened to you, it isn't fair.

Pat xxxxx

• Posted

Sending love and hugs and if ever you want to talk I'm here.

Remember to try to be patient with yourself and give yourself time.

I think your a very brave lady!

Best wishes

Vicky

Xxx🌷xxX

• Posted

Hi Kelly

How are you today?

Remember were are always here to talk if you want

Take care x

• Posted

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. You're still grieving which to me is normal. I would advise talking with a doctor and see if they want you on some sort of meds to help you cope. Just keep thinking about your kids. I know in a depressive state nothing matters but keep on keeping on. Said a prayer for you. Get better soon!
  • Posted

when you have grieved you may eventually find someone else who will know you inside out.  I hope that you do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.