Not diagnosed with Ménière's

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi,

I have been having very bad bouts of vertigo and nausea and am now in week 9. I have not been diagnosed with Ménière's Disease but my Dr said it sounds likely and it would be very unfortunate! I had a brain CT scan two weeks ago and am still waiting for results from that.. as my doctor said 'to rule out anything more sinister'... I had a terrible attack last night and am feeling weak and below par today though still at work. It is really starting to weigh heavily upon me now that this could be a life long illness. Like you I cut out caffeine, alcohol and salt and am still very strict with my diet. I find I am thirsty all the time. The past two weeks I have annoying buzzing in my ears that is probably tinnitus.. How are you feeling now? Some days I sleep so badly and am awake from five am every morning. I just want some answers and soon. Am waiting for an ENT appointment.. as I live in N Ireland my Dr said it could take awhile.. I live and wait..... Any thoughts?

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. With those symptoms I think you need to look also at Sjogren's as a possible cause. Very dry mouth is a key symptom. Dry eyes also. The vertigo etc can also be part if Sjogren's.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.