Not doing well need support

Posted , 18 users are following.

Diagnosed earlier this year with LS.  Haven't had biopsy, very scared about this whole thing.  I am using clobetasol but have to use it every day, most of the time twice a day.  This summer with heat and humidity, it has now spread down my inner legs about 3 inches, and along the cracks under my butt cheeks, though not up my butt crack.  I don't wear underwear at all most of the time now, but even pants  irritate though not like the elastic around the legs of underwear.  I have to wear underwear after I have a bowl movement, I have hemorrheids and have some leakage.  You can imagine what that's like without nderwear so I have to wear them, and that makes it so this never seems to even start to clear up.   I haven't had this a whole year yet where is this going to go?  am I going to see this spread to my hairline down to my toes?    I am going back to gyn this week and I'm having panic attacks about it.  I tried using antihistomine to calm down the itching/swelling, lumps like large zits, flaking, tingling, and all the other symptoms which I think you all must be familiar with.  It helps but leaves me very sleepy and I can't do that at work.  I thought this would be only around my lady parts now it's spreading alot.  I don't think I will ever be able to wear a bathing suit, it looks like my crotch and inner thighs are rotting away, and its going onto my butt area.  OK now I'm crying. I'm a mess.  Will I die from this?  What if this is cancer, will I have to get my whole vagina area removed?  I think I would rather be dead.  I'm 64 and used to enjoy sex.  Now I feel like a freak, and whenever I think about it I can't stand it, I'm so scared.  I know I'm a big baby.  I  have read some of the posts in here and I think I will be spending alot of time on this website.  The rest of you seem to be doing Ok with this.  How do I cope?  I'm already on anxiety/depression meds and have been for years.  Sorry about rambling on and on about this but I am really scared. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Janet,

Although my situation is a little different, boy do I feel for you. I don't know if it helps, but I think we all feel fear. And then there's comfort, and things get better, and then worse, and there's fear again. It's a roller coaster.

Right now I came onto this thread also looking for some hope, and apparently writing to you is kind of helping me. I've been diagnosed with LS for a year now, although have had symptoms and had been misdiagnosis for half a year previous. Oh and I'm 21. So that's just peachy.

It's gotten better, and then worse. Luckily I haven't had any indication of fusing but often I will get micro tears all over my vagina from the littlest touches. Right now it feels like there is a knife blade buried under my clitoral hood that slices up my clit every time I move.

But other times, I have sex! And it's amazing! And I cherish what my clitoris can do and how it can feel and sometimes if I'm lucky, it doesn't hurt at all.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but it's nice to share. On the advice side, I HIGHY recommend finding a dermatologist. The gyn I saw put me on clobetasol but it wasn't great for me. I am now on a routine of alternating protopic and amcinonide ointment (a steroid very much like clobetasol but I'm a Vaseline base) and it has worked so much better. When I have little tears I use plain Vaseline throughout the day so that walking is bearable.

Hope some of this helped

??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.