not drinking alcohol but

Posted , 6 users are following.

I like wine however i have decided to give my body a break ( i normally have 2 glasses per night) and i havent drunk for 3 days problem is i am now feeling lethargic, have hangover type symptoms when i wake up, after having a drink i never have hangover symptoms and i am always up and ready to sprint. what is happening do you think?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I got that a bit when I quit... My theory (in my case) is that I was sleeping much more deeply and all the muscles in my face and neck were relaxing to a degree I was not used to after years of drinking every day. Maybe that sounds a bit mad, but in the past I've noticed that if I have a really really deep night of sleep I can wake up with a headache. It's nothing serious, it usually clears by mid morning. In my case the morning headaches only lasted a week or two. (Obviously that's just me - we're all different and it goes without saying if your symptoms are severe or are troubling you, it might be an idea to see the doctor...!)
  • Posted

Hi, it sounds like some form of withdrawal, I only feel normal when I've been drinking so I'd put it down to the change that your body is dealing with. Well done
  • Posted

You may be getting some slight withdrawal symptoms. You were not drinking enough to have major withdrawal symptoms. They should pass any day now and you will feel better. If not, it may be coincidental and there may be another reason for your lethargicness. In that case, you should probably see your GP.

I hope you soon feel better.

• Posted

If you have a daily consumation, your body is used to this ritual.

What your experiencing is your body stabelising itsellf and this feeling will wear off after the first week.

Try to ocupy your mind and maybe change your rituals in the morning, like, when you normally drink coffee and a sigarette, try to eat breakfast before this and afterwards drink your coffee.

Also the intake of a little Magnesium does wonders for low consuming people. (alcohollics???)

• Posted

low consuming alcoholics!! LOL thks I will go to health shop tomorrow, 
    • Posted

Oh well, old style information.

There are those who say, if you realy need this glas or glases of alcohol everyday, it's a form of alcoholism, I don't realy agree, thats why the question marks ;-)

• Posted

Thks Escargot no offence taken it just made me giggle then it made me think!! i.e. i have now  taken the decision to drink at christmas and be dry the rest of the time. so thanks
    • Posted

That's a big change in your life, hope this goal is in your capability, I'm for sure not capable of making a radical change like this.

If i would be capable of drinking only during social effents, I would be quite happy.

Until this day, I'm capable of keeping it with one drink a day, and some day of non drinking.

Quite a difference, 28 pints 8% till one a day biggrin

• Posted

That is an amazing achievement escargot. Do you take selincro on days that you don't drink ie every day come what may?
    • Posted

The first day no drinking was About 3 weeks ago, I did this one with selingro, after I started the 2 hours before methode.

All seems to work out fine.

If I do drink and didnt had my selingro, I just take it as fast as possible.

• Posted

Gosh it does make sense now of course withdrawal i didnt think of that. Thank you everyone. Really relieved
    • Posted

Check out Post Acute Withdrawal also.  It comes on weeks, months or years later.  Sure wished someone would have mentioned post acute withdrawal in AA.  I was told I just didn't work the program after 23 years of AA.  Always relasped at 9 months or ended up in psych ward with psychotic break if I didn't drink.  I had more than alcoholism.  Found out alcohol was just a cover for some really bad feelings and memories.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.