Not Feeling better

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. I have been on 20mg of Citalopram for 8 months and feel no better than when the doctor first prescribed it for what he feels is severe anxiety.

I still feel lightheaded, I have body trembles, muscle aches (especially in trapezius muscles) and digestive issues.

I have had several medical tests done including CT scan of brain, exercise stress test, uppder gi endoscopy, colonoscopy, complete blood workup including thyroad panel and abdominal ultrasound. Nothing serious has shown in any of these tests.

My questions is, what should I do since I feel no better on the 20mg of Citalopram after 8 months?

Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, have you had any improvement at all?  If not and you are truly no better than before you took them then I think it is time to talk to your doctor about an alternative.  I know it takes a long time to recover but if you have had no improvement what so ever then 8 mnths has given them more than long enough to work.
    • Posted

Anna,

I think you are correct in your suggestion. I plan to call my doctor this afternoon and let him know.

• Posted

I agree with Anna.

You havnt nearly exhausted your options yet. A lot of people have no luck with they're first anti deppresent and find success with another.

He might try you on an snri or another ssri.

Trial and error it's a tough process but you'll get there.

• Posted

There's many different types of SSRI's and each it tailored to suit different people.  Agree with Anna - if you've had no sign of anything at all, not even a glimpse, then its time to try something else.  These meds can take 3, 4, 6 months or even longer for some people to recover, but you should have had ups and downs, glimpses etc by now.  If nothing at all, then go back and see your doctor.

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.