Not feeling hopeful citalopram will work

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am hoping for success stories for anyone who may have restarted citalopram for a third time. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks on cit at 20mg - one thing is my dr put me on cipralex for one week out of these 4. Im desperate, this feeling of depression is overwhelming. Im so afraid it will not work this time.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hey.

I'm not on for the third time, but I am on for the second time.

I'm 9 and a half weeks in now and would probably say I didn't start to feel much better until the 5th/6th week.

I've just started my new batch of citalopram as I get it in 2 month prescriptions and have started to get some side effects again and having a bit of a dip or a blip as some would call it. So even after this amount of time my body is still adjusting so it just goes to show how long it takes for this medication to completely settle.

It will work for you, may take a little longer than before, but it will eventually be like "oh I remember this, I know what to do here".

Feeling hopeless during the first few months is typical with this medication because we have so many ups and downs. But they will become fewer and fewer. Always here to chat if you need any reassurance.

• Posted

Thank you for your response. I am hoping to start noticing a difference in the next couple of weeks. I feel like the anxiety has gotten better but the depressed mood is whats flattened me. Insomnia has been an issue but zopiclone is helping me to sleep and clonazepam helps when needed during the day. I can still remember when I went on it a second time and telling my doctor that I now feel normal and the way I deserve to feel. This has been a huge lesson to just stay on it for good.

• Posted

hey hope not sure if you'll see this. I'm 13 days on 20mg of cit and feel awful. has two days felt bit better now feel I've gone backwards! feel awful! soul destroying! thanks for you words of wisdom!

• Posted

I'm third time of taking citalopram. Im now approaching 8 weeks now and it's been very up and down but I can see improvement coming so I would stay stick with it

• Posted

Thanks crossing fingers this does its job. I do my best to cope but its not easy.

• Posted

Howre you now Mary?

• Posted

Not well. Everyday is a struggle. I dont want to do anything. This is extremely difficult

• Posted

Please do hang in there , give them another couple of weeks xx

• Posted

i did so well on them for many years I so desperately need them to have the same effect. Thanks for your kind words

• Posted

Youre very welcome, I am currently having a blip on my 3rd week, 2nd week of 20mg, intrusive thoughts and anxiery again, first time on them, hard work indeed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.