Not feeling hungry + nausea

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past few days I haven’t been feeling hungry, struggling to finish meals + have nausea.

The nausea isn’t at the same time as eating, and it’s only been at night.

I put up with both issues for the first few days but now it’s impacting on my life, especially around this time (Christmas= bigger meals).

I’m slightly underweight anyway (7 stone 5’3 17 year old) so this obviously isn’t helping, but I haven’t lost much weight (if any) so I’m not worried. 

It’s been going on for about a week now. I had an ear infection for two weeks and then this happens, so I haven’t had a break from the illnesses.

I had acid reflux on Wednesday/Thursday caused by eating a small piece of chocolate cake at 8pm but I haven’t had it since.

On one of the days with the nausea I also had stomach pain, but it stopped and moved onto the nausea.

I don’t know what it is and I can’t go to the doctor until it’s open again. I can’t be pregnant and so it’s all confusing. I wouldn’t be worried if my cat hadn’t started hanging around me when I feel ill.

Any suggestions as to what it is are very appreciated smile

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Also another thing I should mention is that when I am feeling nauseous, my cheeks are actually quite flushed (which is not normal for me normally even when I’m not ill, because I’m pale and suffered from various stuff like anaemia)
  • Posted

Sometimes ear infections can make you feel sick.  You could also try a food diary to see if a certain food is causing nausea.
    • Posted

I didn’t reply initially because it went away for two days (25th + 26th) but then today it came back again. I’m not eating any differently so I don’t think it’s because of allergies. I’ve been eating slightly less still but not as bad as much less it was before.
  • Posted

I would see your doctor as soon as possible to see if you have an infection that needs antibiotics.
    • Posted

Hi again I didn’t see this reply because of email sad

I stopped trying to eat more, and it’s been better. I mean, it happened today but that was just the feeling full because of nausea because of another issue.

I still don’t have a desire to eat really, but the nausea is gone so I eat anyway.

• Posted

Sometimes faults appear on this site and affect one conversation only but everyone else’s works.  I got an immediately reply from the technical team and they asked me to send them the fault report.  When I did this. it was eventually fixed.  It might be worth sending them a message on their help page.

Glad you’re feeling better.  However, if your symptoms keep coming back, see your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.