Not feeling myself

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys, first off I do have anxiety. I feel like I am inside my body but not controlling it if that makes sense? I just wanna make sure I am not alone so I don't have a panic attack lol

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dillon, 

Know exactly how you feel. It's classic anxiety. I feel so detached and far away from the people around me, especially my boyfriend. Its really scarey but a normal and common symptom of anxiety. Just keep telling yourself 'it's just another symptom of my anxiety, it's not me.' 

• Posted

Thank you so much I took my anxiety medicine and I feel a lot better
  • Posted

Hi Dillon,  Ive had anxiety for quite a while. Your never alone - dont think that.  Its more widely spread than you think.  I work in an office and until the subject came up the other day (it was in a newspaper) I didnt realise there wer another 4 people in my office that had it and I didnt even realise it.  Its one of those "taboo" subjects that people dont like to talk about.   When you feeling like you described, do whats best for you.  I do either of two things - 1) go to a settling peacful place (bedroom, park)  and chill out or 2) go to some where not so peaceful and have a good yell.  Be strong, chin up.  x  ps. if you need to ask anything please do. x
    • Posted

Have you had anxiety symptoms? I have anxiety and i feel like every time i beat on symptom here comes another and the medication side effects im scared of any advice thanks..
    • Posted

Yes, I had a variety of symptoms but since ive been on medication these have mellowed out. Dont be scared or advise, it can only help and if you dont think its relevant to you then dont listen to it, disregard it. x
    • Posted

What kind of medicine are you taking im thinking about getting some because these symptoms are crazy
    • Posted

Sorry if im taking a while to reply, i'm in work. I started off on 10mg of Citalopram which didnt do alot but was upgraded to 20mg which, sounds strange, hasnt affected me as a person at all, but has taken away some (not all) of the symptons of the anxiety. I was really, really reluctant to take any medication but im's so pleased i did. Go see your GP. Its worth a try. x
  • Posted

I advice you to try progressive muscle relaxation.it helps a lot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.