not feeling too good

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been on citalopram 20mg for about 10 years and was doing great but my stupid GP reduced them to 10mg I was fine for a few weeks but startes having panic attacks and felt really anxious so I started back on 20mg and the anxiety I have is horrendous I have intrusive thoights which is literally demented my head im terrified that something bad will happen my GP said I will be fine its just my body getting used to the stronger dose again has anyone else experienced this

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes! Stopped taking celexa 10 mg 8 weeks ago had exactly what you did. It was terrible. I stopped cold turkey.

Started back on 10 mg 12 days ago still have the same, lessening as time goes on.

Can't wait to feel better. I thought it wouldn't take as long to get back in my system and isn't think I'd have the start up side effects as bad but I guess it was completely out of my system at 6 weeks off.

Never again!! I'm just waiting to feel better. Hopefully soon. You too!!

• Posted

Thanks melissa ive never been like this for years all because my GP changed the friggin dose im ok its just the thoughts I get they are absolutley horrendous did u get these aswell xx
    • Posted

Hi Lian

I'm having the same problem negative thoughts it's so frustrating my thoughts are about what people think about me and people judging me ect whats yours ?

• Posted

Hi do mine are paranoid ones thinking im going to do something daft to me or someone else its horrible I lnow its just my anxiety I feel much better today
  • Posted

Hi Lian, I had my dose reduced from 40 mg to 20mg but couldn't manage on the reduced dose. My dose was increased back to 40 mg again and the anxiety and panic got worse to the point where I wouldn't go out of the house and needed a lot of reassurance that I would get better. It took about 3 weeks before I felt more like my old self. It has been 5 weeks and I'm feeling really good

So please stick with it. You will start to feel better soon, just try to think that the feelings you're having will pass

Stay positive and take care

• Posted

Thankyou I am just peed off cos ive been ok for so long and this one thing has sent me back down again doesnt help that my partner has gone back away hes in the army and is based 300 mile away and im left with the 3 kids and 2 dogs and I work at the moment though I could do with some distractions im just on edge constantly its a horrible feeling its horrendous did u have intrusive thoughts and stuff I just feel like a freak and not bloody normal xx

• Posted

You are normal!! I've gone through the same thing. Unfortunately, going off and back on cause some major symptoms. You just have to think of how good it will be when it levels back out. I'm trying to do that too. Not easy. It will be okay (-:

• Posted

Thanks melissa it helps a lot when you can speak to.other people who knows how it feels its so hard no one understands they look at you like you have 2 heads its so annoying xx
    • Posted

You would be surprised to see just how many other people go through this. The world we live in can be tough at times. You'll be feeling yourself before you know it.

They are just thoughts. You'll be okay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.