NOT FOR MEl

Posted , 3 users are following.

Today is another day of no answers and continued stalling tactics by a Hospital where I received a BLOOD TRANSFUSION, that I can under oath deny ever being advised or counseled prior to this BLOOD being administer to me.

This Blood Transfusions was given to me on 08/15/2017 four days after having a Triple Heart Bypass (CABGx3) at the Hospital of University of Pennsylvania (HUP) in Philadelphia Pennsylvania.

I had been post opt 4 days I had started Rehabilitation from the surgery moving around walking around on the floor of which is strongly encourage as part of the recovery, I had been looking forward to being discharge and talking with whom ever would obliged me in other words I was totally coherent.

When I was approached in the hallway while I was walking around by my nurse and she asked me to return to my room and to lay down on my bed that she has something for me and that she will be there shortly.

I must have fallen asleep while waiting but when I woke up there was Blood going into my IV line almost 4 hours after receiving this Blood I suffered a what I was told was a stroke when my vision in my right eye was obstructed and till this day is still and according to Eye Doctors will forever be obstructed as it is not reversible my condition.

It appears that a Blood Clot traveled to my right optic nerve of my Eye and is lodged there, so as any one person of sound mind I need to know WHY I was given this Blood WHO order the Blood and WHERE was my options, why was I not given a choice, and WHO ADMINISTER THE BLOOD to me.

Now these are legitimate question that a person should have answered but for whatever reason if there is one this hospital has not offered one to me if anything when I saw my Thoracic Surgeon that operated on me he knew nothing about a Blood Transfusion and he surely knew nothing about a Stroke especially my Blindness.

The only thing I do know is that on the day of my discharge I had requested my entire medical record including the LABS, the NURSES NOTES the FLOW SHEETS and most importantly the BLOOD TAGS or the IDENTIFYING INFORMATION of the BLOOD but for whatever ever reason the hospital will not provide me with this information, although I have in person visit the MEDICAL RECORDS and requested the information 3 times in person I have called numerous times I have sent a request in writing through the USPS with a return receipt requested.

I have visit the BLOOD BANK at the hospital who refused to give me any information at all including if I am on their system as a receiving BLOOD I also visit the Patient Relations now 8 working days ago, but still NOTHING.

Last I did complaint to the HEALTH and HUMAN SERVICES of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT 2 months ago but have not heard anything from them since.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

That is very odd to say the least, usually when having a blood transfusion, the doctor discuss everything with you. I suppose you will have to wait and keep trying to get through to them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.