Not giving up!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had posted a week ago regarding my broken patella. With no insurance, pt wasn't a option. I've been doing tons of exercises that I've seen or googled. At least 4-5 times a day.

Last week, I was ready to give up. Support from family and friends has been huge. A very well known pt in my city offered to give me 3 free pt sessions. I start next week. One happy girl right now!

Since last week, I can now stand on both legs with help from my crutches. I can place my foot flat on the floor. Last week my foot laid to the side and I had to bend my good knee slightly to place my other leg down. Also starting today, I've been walking with both legs moving with my crutches. That is a odd thing to do seeing how I haven't used my right leg in 7 weeks.

I'm a little excited and have facetimed everyone I know to show them my progress!!

Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tammy,

We'll done, just well done.

I love people who don't give up.

Well done,

Take care,

Alan

• Posted

YAY! Awesome! Yes! Keep going! One step at a time! Just be careful to not 'overdo'.  I read the happiness in your post, so keep at it.

• Posted

Hi Tammy!

Give every one of those great friends and family members a BIG HUG from all of us here! How important it is to have people who can and will support us when we are our most vulnerable!🙌😊😁🙌😳😊😁🙌😁😳🙌😁😳😊🙌😁😳😊🙌😁

That is WONDERFUL that a PT came to your rescue! Please thank him/ her from all of us who KNOW what a gift this truly is! 💗

Please keep us up to date on your progress!

Sending prayers of courage and strength to you today!🌸

• Posted

Keep the good work up Tammy.  This is a tough surgery, thankfully you have a good support system.  I'm glad you were able to get some professional expertise, it will encourage you more with doing the right exercises and when to rest as well, best of luck to you  ????????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.