Not going to sugar coat my experience

Posted , 2 users are following.

My first week experience after having a hemorrhoidectomy was an experience of unpleasantness that I have never ever felt in my life and I have had two 10 pound baby boys. After the numbing wore off after about the second day I was feeling everything going on down there. I looked at my area to see what I was dealing with, I see three areas of stitches. I noticed that one of the stitches was so tight and the swelling from this area that hurt so bad. I decided then I needed to get on an ice pack which helped allot in the long run. You kind of learn as you go and decide what works for you. I started taking my stool softener/laxatives on my 2nd day at bed time. About the 4th day that morning I was in so much pain trying to poop!! I for sure thought I was going to pass out! I was panting like I was giving birth, crying in agony and pleating for it to just happen. This went on for about an hour off and on before I could poop. I would take advantage of the 3 time a day 10 mintue Hot/Warm sitz bath. I myself liked the hotter the better helped the most. I am going to give you my routine after ever poop...lol it seems funny that I am writting this, but here it goes. I took two clear squeeze bottle... like the ones you would put ketchup in. This was so much better then the bottle the pharmacy sent you home with to use with the iodine....one was for the iodine and the other I would fill up with extra warm water. After every poop I would squirt the warm water on my anus area to clean it up... this became very useful I did not have to touch my back side as much...once I did this i followed up with iodine. I also used the .75% medicated cream three times a day morning, afternoon and bed time. I am on day 10 and feel pretty good, just letting you know that if you do not take stool softeners you will feel like you are at day one when taking a poop, so take your stool softeners until you get through the first 4 weeks. I mean you will kind of know when to not have to take the stool softeners. I am not there yet , but I will let you all know. Every ones journey is different. I will keep you all posted...rest as much as you can... do not try and set up on your bottom your first week....no straining. Have a bless day!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

how is the swelling for you?

i feel like the swelling on one specific area where the internal hem was removed has not changed and just get so much worse after bms.

for me in been 6 weeks post op and still in so much pain especsilly after bm. the pain/throbbing lasts for hours aftet bms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.