not happy on mirtizapane want to tell doctor but scared

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello there is anyone up and online...basically i have been worsening on mirtizapine and want to go to my doctors today but i am scared and dont really know what to say as a bit all over the place anyone got any advice they could kinkly give me today please ?..appreciated

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

• Posted

Try writing down what you want to say before you go, get it clear in your head and you could give the doc the piece of paper if you get stuck. It is the anxiety making you scared, I think the doc will understand. I hope he/she can help. Pixie.
    • Posted

thanks Pixie for your swift reply..good idea re writing it down..dont know if its the pills making me wonky or i am wonky hence dont know what to say but maybe i will say that thank you loads
  • Posted

Hi Lesley,

I am very sorry to hear you feel so bad.

Would it help to write a list of your symptoms and how low you are right now?

Some times it is difficult to explain and remember what we want to say.

Thinking of you and I hope your doctor can help.

• Posted

thank your Sunbird..yes would help to write symptoms down i guess i dont even really know what they are right now so a bit difficult but will give it a go and ring docs soon thank you for your support....kind thoughts
  • Posted

Hi Lesley, what are you scared of?  The doctor's disappoval?  I know it's hard with some doctors but your wellbeing is your responsibility too and only you  can know how the medication is affecting you.

If you think it'd help, write out what you want to say before you go - good luck and let us know how you get on

• Posted

thanks Jude..not scared of doctors disapproval just dont know how to explain how i am feeling as not sure if the medication or me..he must be sick of me now!!...so stumped for words really maybe a list ..thank you so much
    • Posted

ive made the appointment now so gotta go through with it thanks for helping me x
  • Posted

Hi Lesley, I only started 7.5mg 4 days ago. I am so sorry it has not made you feel better. I would just be totally honest with your Dr. What dose do you take? If it is making you feel worse then definately speak to your Dr as soon as you can. Hang in there.
    • Posted

thank you Lee am braving it  up to make the call ......kind regards
    • Posted

How long have you been taking the 30 mg? Does. your depression feel worse or are you anxious? Thinking of you, and make the call to your Dr. Good luck x
    • Posted

been on the 30 for nearly 2 months now i am very anxious and getting withdrawn on them.....gonna make the call thank you so much  xx
    • Posted

withdrawn and cant face going out or doing much at all..like losing intresent in my self care and home awful..ahhhh..pick up the phone i must
    • Posted

thank you made the call am really scared now as what to say madness!!
  • Posted

Lesley, you picked up that phone yet? Just do it honey! Let me how it goes. Be in touch later. Are you writing daily lists? It really works for me......Please try it for 7 days...........It may help organise your mind (and my mind needs organisation 😕). Also, if I have a list of things to do, I get on and do them which stops the navel gazing and analysis paralysis that I'm prone to!😨. Go girl! Xx
    • Posted

hey Sheila yes just made appointment so thats a step for me very nervous and dont know what to say but at least i am going...thanks for support everyone....now how to get dressed and get out should manage it in 6 hours instead of sitting worrying about it cheers and thanks a lot xx
    • Posted

lord im really scared now cant even manage to get washed or dressed gawd knows what i will say to my poor doctor.......what if he recommends just dropping the dose i wont know what to say at all...any ideas
    • Posted

hi lesley,

i am sorry you are feeling so bad.  it is clear to me now that having my mirtz increased to 30 is what gave me way more anxiety.   now that i am backmdown to 15 that anxiety is gone.  it's been 'hell' going up anddown on these medications.  jusr tell the dr the truth.  you have give it time andit is not helping, only making things worse.  my thoughts are withyou.

• Posted

agreed Suzie think the same happened to me after going up to 30 lost it..still have..been to doctors he now taken me off them and given me something else!!....on the roundabout........hope you ok...thinking of you...xx
    • Posted

hi lesley,

don't you feel a bit better given that he listened.  what did he prescribe and how did he say to go about going on it?  can you stay on a low dose or mirtz at the same time?

• Posted

yep suzie feel better he listene...he prescribed venlalic xl and took me off the mirt...mmmm.....
    • Posted

how will you go about switching?  i am not sure what my psych is going to say .. i think i got anxiety on that to .. i have an anxiety disorder i am pretty sue
    • Posted

hey Suzie i just went to my doctor and told his that merts were not for me so he switched me to another ad...he didnt mention withdrawal at all just told me to swop which i have been 4 days now....felt rubbish for first 3..really bad stomach but day 4 ive crawled out from under security blanket as feel i have to try even though its very difficult right now i must say...but im looking around at my flat etc and me which is a mess and feell ashamed so thats been a bit of incentive for me dont know how long it will last but giving it a go..hope that you are ok x
    • Posted

hi lesley,

i have been thinking about you,  i have been waiting for my psych appointment.  i knowi needtobe on something.  sometimes i think i may be bipolar asmy sister went through the same trial and error and ended up bipolar.  i have anxiety .. can't sleep...seepsych tomorrow

• Posted

hi suzie...how you doing girl have you had yoour psych appointment any news thinking of you..let me know how you are doing...its a shame we dont all live closer we could all meet up and woop each other up at least..kind thoughts and keep in touch girl
    • Posted

Just a heads up,and it probably won't happen so this isn't to scare you but mirt can take 10 to 14 days to start WD after last pill, if you do feel ill at the 2 week mark know it's not the new medicine and most likely the mirt. Just so u don't think the new pill is the culprit. This happened to me so I just wanted to pass it along. Most likely won't happen. My doctor didn't get it and took me off the new pill. Was not a good idea.
    • Posted

Same for me. WD effects kicked in 2 weeks after first reduction and then continued getting worse even though iI went back on full dose.
    • Posted

Rose and Pixie,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I reduced to 15mg about 10 days ago.

I had been on 30mg for about 4 months.

Today I have really struggled as I feel exhausted,joint pain and weird thoughts.

It seems like WD may be starting!  Gulp!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.