Not hungry loosing weight

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies,

I'm in perimenapause and I'm not hungry loosing weight has anyone experience this oh and also my endo says that I have thyroid hashimoto,

Please let me know if anyone is experiencing these symptoms

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have been losing weight as well. I probably have hyperthyroid-I ve had Graves and hyperthyroidism before. I cant eat and I keep getting diarrhea.
  • Posted

Hi Jacqueline I was like that about 2 years ago when I started menapause I just couldn’t eat and lost quite a lot of weight but as time as gone on I’m good now. I eat like a horse but don’t put weight on, but I don’t loose it either hope this helps you xx
  • Posted

Dear jacqueline

Yes I lost my appetite and quite abit of weight which freaked me out at the time it happened gradually and then had gastitis which took some time to clear up and then I went the other way and put more on and now two years post meno my weight has levelled off

• Posted

Hi, yes I have lost weight it's frightening I'm eating better but hoping I don't loose to much I'm slim already not good when it messes with your mind and body.

• Posted

If you have hashimoto's thyroiditis, it's an autoimmune disease. I went into early menopause at 40 because of it It's not usually a symptom of peri--it can be the cause.  Are you taking thyroid medication? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.