Not in a good place mentally

Posted , 6 users are following.

i am 27 years old and I have been thinking my life would be easier if i was just dead... every night when i go sleep i hope that i don't wake up because i feel worthless. i lost everything that was important to me, now the things i used to enjoy i just cant enjoy. i don't have family i can talk to about things and i haven't got any friends at all . i used to have a good job, i lived with my 3 children and their mum for 7 years. there was a breakdown in the relationship and for the last year i tried my hardest to fix things but i got sent to prison, i lost my job, come out of prison with no money and moved back to my dads house and i live out of bags and i hardly eat because i just feel this way and the only way i feel like i can move on from this , is if i take my own life.

i am currently on anti depressants but they do not help. i think its only a matter of time before i actually do something, i have been feeling this way almost a year now and i just want it to stop. im tired of hiding away from the world, i am tired of crying and im tired of everyday feeling the same ... what can i do

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

I feel like I am writing to myself, what you feel is exactly what i been going through, it feels like there is no way out. just hang in there my brother, it could only get better from here, we are at the worst position, only way now is up

• Posted

something has made you feel so bad, any idea what? that sounds terrible, talk we'll try to help! you need a virtual hug! it's the best i can do! 🤗🤗

• Posted

you need some good resources. You need support also. you don’t have to be alone trying to figure this out and you shouldn’t be.

My suggestion would be to speak with a counselor or social worker to help you with the next steps.

There’s a lot of free counseling out there and they can help you take the first step towards feeling better about everything. if you live in the United States, check with community centers, hospitals, churches.

you can call 211 to get started it’s a hotline that connects people to community agencies. somebody can connect you to the right resources.

You can also contact your state department of health to see if you qualify for free mental health services.

Reach out . there are people who can help!also david goggins on YouTube was a former Navy seal who had a horrible childhood and young adult hood. He gives great talks and how he pulled through it all. Amazing! check it out.

take care of yourself. This is just a snippet of time in your life. Don’t ever ever give up.

• Edited

I would say that it is not easy to forget everything but forgetting about the past is the only way to live a happy present. Write down all your grief on a paper and just burn it out, it is usually said that it releases all negativity from your mind.

Try to find out the ways to be happy, do what you love, develop a hobby, this surely helps in diverting the mind.

• Posted

After reading this i feel very sad, I would suggest try to meditate as much as you can. Focus on you breath for better concentration and practice it consistently .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.