Not in peri??!!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi all,

so anyway had a doctors appoitment this morning, as I'm experiencing quite bad nausea?!!!

as well as other symptoms FATIGUE being another quite bad .......

anway doctor doesn't believe I'm in peri as I'm still having my periods?!!.

so anway he does think my fatigue being tired as well as nausea it could be Anemoa?

so I have to have blood works done to identify ? All he has given me is Busician ( an IBS tablets? So my being fatigued , nausea could be the cause of being anaemic?!

but very adiment I'm NOT in peri!!.

wasnt in any mood to argue tell him that hey this is my body I do know the symptoms and all the change I'm going through....so now I have to wait till next Friday at the earliest for my blood to be done then again for the results and then again to see the doctor Again.

and to top it off I ha be an appoitment 10th June at the hospital as I have Hernia BUT the hospital have cancelled and will write back with another appoitment ....tick Tock ......hope ur day was better?!!.

had no energy till late this afternoon so know running around like a headless chicken finishing all the errands!!!.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hey.  Wellcome to my world, thats all I hear. "You are to young"  so sick of it.

Hope you get all your errands done.

• Posted

Hi

Sorry you're feeling so crappy and frustrated at doctors. I know your pain.

I began having symptoms in January, tiredness, nausea, change of cycle duration and periods much heavier, rib/back/stomach pains, constipation, warm sensation all the time, anxiety and tearful and not tolerating fools to well either haha. Anyway I went to doctors and got told the same as you and I've now had bloods which show normally everything, stomach and pelvis ultrasound again normal, internal normal, breast and back examination normal. I am now on my 3rd doctor who says I'm not peri and my muscle/bones pain is muscular and that I should go to gynecologist for periods and possibly do anti depressants for mood swings .I totally believe I am peri menopausal but how do you get a diagnosis with a doctor who doesn't have a clue???

Hope you get further than me with your bloods, keep us updated and don't let the hormones rule your life .I am determined to stay positive and not let it win. X

• Posted

I have almost all your exact symptoms, came on in January too! Been going the numerous Doctor,route and testing route, and no diagnosis yet. Have you suffered any weight loss, nausea, or lack of appetite? I'm trying to get my gyno to give me a pelvic ct , as this is about the only testing I haven't had. Very frustrating when you know you don't feel well, and not getting answers. 
    • Posted

I don't really enjoy my food but I'm still eating haha. I suffer most from aches and pains, especially in my back and ribs which I'm seeing physio thru work. Back there on Thursday.

My periods have gone out of whack, was regular 28 days and normal flow and the last 3 months I've been really heavy with clots 23 days 25 days and this month 27 days but only on for 2 days really heavy.

All my tests have come back normal so trying to stay positive that it's just hormonal and will eventually pass and I'm just taking painkillers. I'm also taking multi vitamins, evening primrose oil, and menopace to try and help.

I hope you get sorted it's so annoying when so many people on here are saying the doctors don't understand which is disgraceful as it's their job. I think each practice should have a woman's speciality doctor or nurse who can advise and treat.

Big hugs x

• Posted

I am the same sheena....periods changing..heavy light...short long. Rib aches tiredness...constipation. ..anxiety depression. ...just feel sick all the time. Been to doctors and told no such thing as peri. I found a doctor last month when i was desperate for anything and she said I am peri. Going to see her tonight for blood results and mammogram results. She is talking hrt. I am lying on my bed at 11 30am falling asleep and feeling anxious. Over it! Hopefully i get some answers tonight smile
    • Posted

Hi Sheen

I am considering taking menopase, do you find that it helps. I phoned docs for blood results only to be told they are lost. Been told to take Norethisterone but not sure. Am waiting for appointment for womb and uterus check from hospital. The doctor did give me an internal and referred me to the hospital. Trying not to panic as that's not for 3 weeks. Have no energy today. I can't keep focused. Just crying the whole morning.

Let's keep positive.

Good to have this forum as hubby thinks I'm losing the plot but he does his best to understand.

Sam ( sazzie42) xx Chin up ladies xx

• Posted

Been the same shelly, no energy til a wee while ago....your results might not even show peri, mine didn't, but sure as hell have symptoms.....good luck
  • Posted

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. A lot of doctors feel that way. It takes changing doctors a lot in order for them to diagnose perimenopausal. You know your own body better than anyone and if you have had testing done to rule out any underlying issues, then chalk it up to your hormones. I've been told several times I was too young and bloods come back normal so I'm not perimenopausal. I know otherwise. I've had several changes with my menstrual cycle even though I still get it regularly but it doesn't mean it's not happening. I track my symptoms and they all coincide with my cycle. So I've taken my health into my own hands and made changes to try and accommodate these changing symtpoms. It doesn't necessarily take them away but it makes it manageable. Bloods can be unreliable as hormones fluctuate so much. So hang in there, don't get discouraged, be kind to yourself, and take the best care of yourself as you can. ((Hugs))
  • Posted

Hi there Shelly

I am in a similar situation regarding the doctors. They see walking in and wish to run out the exit.

I am waiting for the second lot of blood results and have s womb examination in a few weeks - it has taken me ages to get the doctor to send me for this. I am trying not to take anything till I know what it is.

I can understand giving medication but is it not better to know why? (Sorry had bad reactions and mis- diagnosis previoulsy so very scared of doctors). It's the anxiety and tearfulness and the low low feelings of despair that I am finding hard - for example - my husband and son cooked dinner last night - I had a fairly relaxed day tinged with the odd panic/anxiety.

Listening to the chatter I burst into tears, no reason uncontrollable tears springing into my dinner. Then I got all hot and bothered so I stood outside then went into panic mode of low thoughts then I could not shake it off for the rest of the evening!!

It's very well the doctors saying no no no its not - what is it then lol x

Keep me posted with your journey.

Big hugs

Samantha ( sazzie42)

• Posted

I know how you feel samantha. My husband trys to understand but its hard to explain. I felt so terrible yesterday....i was anxious yet depressed. I had aching chest and ribs and an aching tummy. Just felt terrible and kept getting sweats. Today my mood is a bit better and the aches but soooo tired I am lying on my bed dozing at 11 30am! I am only 48 but feel like I have aged 10 years the last 6 months. sad
    • Posted

Hi so sorry to hear what you're experiencing. I was diagnosed as peri-men at 44 now I'm 48 by a nurse at a clinic. My blood work showed normal. But there's a more precise test that can be done for thyroid/hormone. But please see your Dr to address the depression and anxiety as that could become debilitating. Try B complex stress vitamins. Take before you go to bed it will help with morning depression.
    • Posted

Hi there

I am just so fed up with the response from the doctors.

It's a little complicated as I had been misdiagnosed with kidney stones but unfortunately it was a bulging disc and after weeks and months to cut a long story short I had to borrow money for own mri and then epidural as the surgery I attend have a certain pathway for musculoskeletal which does not work so while this was taking place I thought my heavy periods and severe mood swings and depression was part of dealing with the medication for back but after doc took bloods at a and e referred me back to gp surgery to order more blood tests and to gyne department for a check on my womb. The a and e gave me mefenic acid to stop the heavy bleed and gp gave me norethisterone to take while I wait. Finding it hard to do anything xx

Dealing with back is one thing this on top is sending me round the bend.

Cheers for reading it really keeps my chin up as I'm about to lose my job due to back and being off for 6 months. Xx

• Posted

I would go to a female doctor, preferably an older one. Men don't get it.

Peri is a relatively new term and not all doctors beleive in it yet.

You might get the tests done and find that there is something wrong, like the thyroid. But most of us on here have had to go through months of testing and looking like crazy idiots and they all ckme back negative. The up side is you get a full check up and know there is nothing major wrong.

My doctor is now convinced it's peri. But they have to do their duty and rule out other serious illness.

Hang in there. I know you might not like the contraceptive pill but you can ask to go on that and see if it helps.

• Posted

I'm in the same situation. For some odd reason my gyno doesn't even say the word perimenopause. I kept saying it and he kept saying PMDD. Even in the summary notes there is no mention. He thinks I have PMDD symptoms not peri.

I'm just starting my day now and it's 3:30 pm!

On my period now , first one off the BC pill, and horrendous fatigue everyday of period. Just wiped out. Feel so bad and guilty and unproductive.

• Posted

Many, many thanks to all you lovely ladies for your wonderful kind help/ advice to me...xxxxxx

yes I've been fobbed off now for 2years every doctor have said the same damned thing I'm to young and I'm still having my usual monthll'ys I'm not in peri blah blah blah.........

Many thanks anyway girls.......xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.