Not know life without eczema

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had Eczema my whole life since birth severe on and off in that time. Well considering I've been hospitised every 6mths since birth I'd say severe. Now severe all the time except when the Drs decided to use this magic little pill called imuran. In 2011 I was hospitalised with septic eczema that nearly killed me they used the usual hospital procedure which was strong pain meds prednisone and warm wet wraps only to discover that none of it was working. Then they did a bunch of bloods to see if I was compatible to take immunosuppressants and I was they started me on imuran and within one day I was already improving. For 5 years I went without cream steroids for my skin you couldn't even tell I had eczema most of the time. Anything I was allergic to barely affected me at all. The down side to those drugs though is what they do to your liver and immune system. When I was on them though getting a simple cold was better than dealing with what I have now since they took me off them. I have another appt in October with the dermos and I'm gonna ask for the imuran back now that my liver has settled because otherwise I'm living with mrsa and antibiotics pregnisone and eventually septicaemia again which means more hospitalisation to fix it. I was so annoyed when I was a kid because they alway said you will grow out of it but I didn't and now I get that sick I almost die from it.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

A piece of info that may also be helpful is I have a tattoo on my left ankle and where the tat is I never get eczema there anymore the Drs have jokingly said I should get tats all over but not sure it works that way. But who knows right it could. And just because it works for me doesn't mean it will work for others but if you have severe skin like mine anything is worth a try just to have some relief any at all.

• Posted

Worth also noting how much Excema or rejection tattoos can also cause!
    • Posted

I'm not sure if you read in my message that not everything I do will work for everyone else but people want options of thing that do work so they can try it or leave it the option is there. That's what this sight is about helping others and and being there for them

• Posted

Yes I saw thanks. But it's important to give information about what things can cause.

• Posted

Hi. Sorry you've gone through so much. Have you ever heard of TSW/RSS (topical steroid withdrawal syndrome/red skin syndrome)

We've also had MRSA

• Posted

If your talking about drug induced lupus then yes I've heard of it that's why drugs/ steroids are so dangerous I why people like me can't use them with any success anymore.

• Posted

What I get is the Drs have already told me this and I have psoriasis too. My ige's when checked in 2011were at an all time world high of 15895. When I looked on the net I only found one other person with their ige's that high in the world.

• Posted

The drug induced lupus
    • Posted

TSW/RSS is not the same as lupus is what I was saying.
    • Posted

I understand why you mentioned that to me and I don't have that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.