Not looking forward to EMG...

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello All,

My surgeon is sending me for an EMG this afternoon.  This test will  find the answer if I have nerve damage to my quads, from my TKR, that's why I'm having such difficulties. I of course read up about the test and I'm not looking forward to it.  Anyone else have one?

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi there

just wondered if you had heard anything re your emg? any results?

and to let you know. i have got another emg and nerve conduction studies on friday at bangor hospital (wales)

hope you are well

any quad improvement ?

helen x

• Posted

Hi Helen,

I have an appt. with my surgeon tomorrow to find out the results of the  MRI and EMG.  I'm not sure if I want something to show up on the tests or it's just that my quads are very slow in recovering from the surgery. I've started doing "chair yoga" to get more exercise and stretching.  Good luck to you on Friday, keep us posted.

Patty

• Posted

hi patty

wil do...as still no activity in quads for me so be interesting;

hope it goes well tomorrow for you

kind regards

helen x

• Posted

what is a quad.

I had total knee replacement on 13th Februaryt and i am in so much agony i wish Id never had it done.I am beginning to wonder if I have damaged my quads

• Posted

Hello Mary,

"Quads" are short for a group of 4 quadriceps muscles on the front of your thigh. They are used for stair climbing, walking, bending, sitting etc.  Some are lucky and have no issues after knee replacement but for me personally my quads are taking longer to recover due another complication.  Keep exercising, walking and speak to your Dr.about an EMG to rule out nerve damage, hope this helps,  Patty

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.