Not looking forward to tomorrow!

Posted , 3 users are following.

It's my second weigh in tomorrow with the doctor and I think I have lost 3lb was 4lb but my weight went up this morning by 1lb.

Not to happy to have lost so little in 5 weeks after doing so well on my 1st weight after losing 14lb.

Really trying to keep my chin up!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

what you are experiencing is normal, its hard to not be disapointed after the first month if you've experienced a large loss like you did, i was the same loosing 11lbs first month and 4 the next but your body has now realised you're not eating as much fat and is holding onto more of what you consumed than before.

try drinking green tea once or twice a day to boost metabolism, exercise more if possible and you may see some improvement but it will inevitably slow down even if you have a lot to loose and you may find you only loose 1-2lbs a month and months where you plateau but keep on and make small changes to get it going again

• Posted

the same happened to me, and it is disappointing, i felt really low after being so good and having lost only a little.

But stick at, any loss as the girls told me is a loss, and they are right.

Take care

Tillydoll x

• Posted

Thanks girls!

Under no circumstances am I about to give up and I will continue with what i'm doing. I do have a lot to lose about another 5 stone but I am asking myself questions as when I was on weight watchers I was losing more and eating more.....am I really eating enough????

I think I will wait until I see the Dr tomorrow and then maybe come off orlistat for a week and follow weight watchers just to see what happens. Has anyone tried this???? if so how did u get on?

• Posted

One poxy pound is what I lost and i'm totally gutted. Even although I have stuck to the low fat diet, no more than 30g per day and had not one single nasty side effect I only lost a single 1lb. I feel like i've wasted a whole month!

So what do I give up............NO WAY! this ain't gonna get the better of me!

I've decided to come off the tablets for a week and go on weight watchers and increase my exercise (god how I hate exercise) but I've got to do this, can't give up.

Only losing a 1lb when you have been so good on your diet is so demoralising and I feel really angry about it but in a way it's made me all the more determined to get this weight loss moving again!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Posted

My nurse told me that you do need to alter things around a bit as your body sometimes \"forgets\" to lose weight. Don't forget you are not just losing weight but body mass as well, so even though not many poundage loss you may have had to move over a hole on a belt to keep your trousers up or moved the strap on your bra.

I was disappointed with my weeks loss this week but my BMI has gone down and jeans are literally falling off me, so try and look at the whole picture and not just focus on pounds loss but on your changing body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.