Not loosing weight really sad :-(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there everyone,

I have been on orlistat for 5 weeks now, this was prescribed by my doctor, however i have not lost any weight, this is so disheartening as i feel really bad about my self the way i am at the moment. I did have one cooked breakfast and then an accident (you know what i mean) after that and am going to the toilet more than i ever did so i think they are working but just not loosing weight, can any one help me?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi gkljohnson

Sorry to hear that you're not losing any weight :cry:. But don't be disheartened, perhaps you are losing inches and not weight. A lot of people on here are putting on muscle from exercise and changing their body shape and getting smaller although they are not weighing any less. Try to measure your Chest/bust, waist, hips, thighs and then keep a record of this and you might be shocked that actually you are making changes to your body shape not to how much you weigh.

Hope this helps and keep me informed.

Jackie xx

• Posted

Yes, don't forget muscle weighs heavier than fat! Good luck!!
  • Posted

Hi guys,

Thanks for replying, the thing is im not really excersising apart from running around after my two kids, dont really have the time, Just cant understand it and i understand that if i dont loose so much weight in 12 weeks then the doc will take me off these pills? id that right? Dont know what else i would do sad

• Posted

Hello again gkljohnson,

Running around after children is hard work alright, and i myself do consider that exercise! :D

I don't know about your doc taking you off your tablets if you don't lose any weight in 3 months...Mine just said that i should get my weight done every month with the nurse and monitor it........maybe if i don't lose any he will remove the medication from me too?

Has your doctor offered anything else to you? Mine said that i could go on those tablets that reduce your appetite ( sorry cannot remember the name of it ), or Orlistat. I chose Orlistat. So maybe you could ask him about the other treatment available? Maybe Orlistat does not suit you and the other medication might be more suitable to your needs?

Don't lose hope :D keep it up you might be shocked in 3 months time, it may just take a little more time for the tablets to kick in. Keep me informed......Oh and remember you're not alone in your struggle with weight loss, you can always chat to us lot.

Jackie xx

• Posted

Thanx for that Jackie, yeah i got the option from my doctor aswel about orlistat or the other one, but i was advised by her that the other one is a little risky and can make you depressed and does bad things to your blood pressure. I will stick to Orilstat and keep on this Forum as we can all chat and give each other hope! Thanks a bunch

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.