Not much support for copd sufferes

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with copd,and sent home with 2 inhales and told to go to a pulmonary rehabilitation centre! and that's it.I feel scared is it going to get worse and so on.

I have looked around for support groups and so on and cannot find anything! besides a couple of breath easy groups.

I would love to meet people who suffer from copd or any other breathing problems they have.

So I was thinking of meeting up once a week at Attenborough nature reserve and as we need to do exercise! have a walk round the nature reserve and afterwards stop in the coffee shop nearby.

Anyone who would like to join in and meet up.It will be every Wednesday between 12pm-1pm.

Wear sensible foot wear and bring bottled water.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My name is Teresa and was diagnosed with copd about 7 weeks ago now.I am 43yrs old.I would love to meet other sufferers!

Anyone who wants to meet up for the walks and talk please call or text me on 07460759598 walks start next Wednesday the 7th august starts 12pm-1pm

• Posted

Hi Teresa, excellent idea, I hope others will spot this and join you. If I was in your area I would be there.

Wishing you every success with the walk group.

Best Wishes

V

• Posted

Thankyou Vee2,

Nobody joined in so far but me and my mum started walking last Wednesday,and it's quite nice around

the nature reserve.The animals and scenery.

• Posted

Hi Teresa, hope you have got a date to start your PR course. You will learn lots on that course about how to mange your lung condition and avoid further infection and further lung damage. If you can get on one run at your local hospital I would go for it. You can keep your Attenborough nature park walks going too.

all good wishes V

• Posted

Hello Teresa,

Im quite new here. I been reading articles about respiratory system problems. Unfortunately quite a lot of people in my family suffer from asthma, COPD, and bronchiectasis. I also have a bad chest infection at the moment sad

I think thats a great idea, to meet with people and have a chat who and how can cope with it.

Actually Im writting you because we ve been visiting a great place last week, Its called the Salt Cave.

They doing natural salt therapy. The whole family had a session we enjoyed it so much. It was really relaxing, the staff was really kind. The first session is free I think you should go and have a look as they treating COPD as well!!

If you want have a look on their web site.

Take care, get better soon!

Hope I can help a little smile

• Posted

Hi cherry21, which one did you go to?
  • Posted

Hi there Teresa, good on you for encouraging the walking programme, I too have been diagnosed with copd, just last year in fact and am still trying to come to terms with it. I do yoga and try to get about 3 30minute to 40 minute walks in each week. I hate the fact that I am like a mucus producing factory, if only it could be a money production line, I would be rich....anyway, I take an inhaler and have put on weight which I beleive is from this medication, I suffer from fatigue as well but always try to stay on top of things. I still work as a casual in the retail business and love it but always mindful of my condition. I can only hope that together we can help each other and other copd sufferers to just by getting on here and having a chat.....take care now.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.