Not pregnant, very painful breasts...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Not sure how long I've had this but at least 4 months now, my breasts have been extremely tender and seem bigger. My BF of 3 years had a vesectemy before we got together. i did stop taking the depo shot last year so maybe its that? I do not have large breasts either... more like a B-

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I hope my experience may help you. I'm 71 now but when I was in my mid-30s I had VERY painful breasts even though they were quite small. They were so sore that I couldn't bear to put my arms by my side and kept my bra on 24 hours a day as it hurt so much if I took it off. I think it was all down to hormones as I had lumpy breasts and one lump in particular caused me to see a consultant. He said it looked like a cyst and stuck a needle in and a lot of stuff came out so thankfully it was a cyst. One piece of very useful advice he gave me about my very sore breasts was to take Evening Primrose Oil capsules. There's an active ingredient in them - GLA - gamma linolenic acid and there's a certain dose to take - 240mg. Even if the capsules say 1000mg of EPO it's the GLA that's important. He told me to take them for four months to flood my body with the GLA and so I bought some capsules that contained 80mg of GLA and took three a day to make the  240mg. It was miraculous! Within the four months the pain totally disappeared and the lumpiness that I had went as well and I have never had the pain back since.  EPO is supposed to be good for your hair and nails so even if it doesn't work on the breasts it still might be useful in other places.  

• Posted

It can be hormones. Also.if you BF didn't go back for a check up after the vasectomy. It is possible that prgnacy can happen. I know of to many cases where this has happened. Just because he got clipped spent mean that it's 100 %

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.