Not prolapse

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies just an update on my private appointment yesterday. After my awful consultant wouldn't see me, and my gp saying my prolapse had failed , the absolutely lovely man I saw yesterday confirmed the " lump " is scar tissue, also there is a large amount at the top of my vagina which has fused to my bladder. he has transferred me to his NHS list for it to be sorted urgently, and said I have been treated " shabbily " were his exact words. Breathing a sigh of relief . X

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jan

it sounds like you will now get sorted have you had a prolaps operation befour?

• Posted

Yes anterior posterior repair and ovaries removed also laperoscopy, been a nightmare from the start.
  • Posted

Hi Jan ,

Glad to hear your lump was just scar tissue, and no prolapse.

Sorry to hear scar tissue fused to bladder at top, but is really good that they are going to sort it right away.

It just goes to show that they should be checking things out fairly soon after op, and that we should not be put off pressing for appoints when we think things aren't right.

Hope you get it all sorted soon ,

phyl x💖

• Posted

Hi Jan, I'm very happy for you. My experience is very limited in this area and it's good to know that there are answers to be had. Thanks for sharing. I've moved on a bit thanks to this forum. From the answers I've had I'm (warily) thinking that I may have urethral prolapse, and when I feel I can face it will try and have discussion with GP and ask for a urogynecologist referral. Failing that will try a private consult. Hope all goes well for you. X
  • Posted

Oh wow. Thank goodness you have found a decent Consultant to get it sorted for you. What did he say they can do to fix the problem?
  • Posted

Jan,

I am really please that you've had some answers but sorry that you have had to get this by private appointment. Hopefully it won't be long too long a wait to start the next steps of your journey.

Keep us updated how you get on and take good care of yourself in the mean time. very best wishes

Mik.

• Posted

I'm hoping matron might advise on this page or me as scar tissue fusing to bladder ? ? Does that sound likely matron , X
  • Posted

So glad that you have sorted this problem and you have found a decent consultant.  It just shows the importance of a post op check I think.  I have not had one yet and am 12 weeks post op, I have persisted and have one with the consultants nurses  in June.

I could not get to see a consultant via my gp to diagnose and had to go private. It really is a post code lottery with the NHS in the UK.

Awful you have had to go through this but so very please you have now got a route to getting it sorted x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.