Not responding to antibiotics??!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello.

I went to the doctor a few weeks because I suspected I had bv. I am 23yrs old and have probably had bv since I was 20. I didn't know what it was so I used monistat which took away the smell/discharge, so I used that for a few years then the monistat wasn't working anymore. I then went to the doctor. I've been to 3 doctors and all of them say I am negative for bv! But I am a virgin so it can't be a STD. I have all the symptoms. My doctor has put me on metrolyzole. Clymindicn, terizole. All of those antibiotics have made it all worse. I have been taking the good probiotics with the 2 good probiotics strains that I need. But that is not helping. I am sad and scared. It's just not going away. The other day I had to leave work early because it was especially bad and my coworkers all looked at me so cruely I couldn't take it and I had to leave. It is so sad. Does anyone know what else I should do? I'm sad and scared. I want to try douching but I have never done that and I don't know where to start. The internet says I have a biofilm in my vagina but then how do I get rid of it. I don't want to live my life like this forever. It is too humiliating.

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Sandry,

I am so sorry :”( I know how it is for others to smell it. I have been in that situation. Few times myself at work unfortunately.. and I have anxiety so since having BV (for 2 years) it has sky rocketed. I also have been on the same antibiotics you mentioned.. nothing works. I also take a probiotic once a day and drink lots of water. It doesnt go away its horrible.. it can smell up an entire room or car. I am so upset.. try going to your Doctor or calling them and asking if they will prescribe SOLOSEC its a new medication and supposedly helps to cure BV. I have not tried it yet but I plan on calling my Dr. this week and seeing if she will even prescribe it to me before wasting time on another appt. 

Good luck to you, 

-Laura <3 

• Posted

Don’t panic or worry , this is what worked and cured me had swab results from nurse all negative for bv thank goodness. Sorry you’re suffering not for long after doing what I did and worked ! 

Buy

vitamin c with rose-hips 1000mg  take 2 a day 2000mg 

Vitamin d3 , 2 a day 

Probiotic I take optibac for women purple box  1 a day. 

That’s it and wash with water only ! 

Limit alcohol and white bread and exercise 2 a week all cured Amazing! You’ll be the same and try relax don’t stress if u can and meditation. You’re body will clear it goodluck 

• Posted

Thank you for your advice. But I have taken the probiotics, the vitamin c, and d3. All of it and none of it helps.
  • Posted

I’m sorry Sandry I have had to leave school because people have made fun of me, it is a really hard thing to live with. It’s depressing very depressing. There is nothing for you to be ashamed of though, okay? Balance Complex on Amazon is what I use, I take 2 everyday. It’s the only thing that had helped me. It’s gotten rid of my fishy odor for almost a year but unfortunately I got strep throat and had to take penicillin and got BV again. The pills cleared me up again, but I’ve been noticing a slight fishy smell again. It sucks but we have to keep going. There’s a lot of research being done about BV and many companies are making new medicine and cures that are suppose to be here by 2023. Which gives me hope 
    • Posted

Sydney,

I know how embarrassing it is 😢 so embarassing. I take college courses all online for now but for the Bachelors ill have to take some in person. And I am so scared because my anxiety is already high and if someone smells me and says something, I would end up running out and not going back. Its horrible... im so sorry you have to deal with this im sorry we all do. 

Good luck to you,

-Laura 💕

• Posted

Hey Laura! It is this happened to me in high school, I’m also taking classes in college right now. Even though the probiotics keep everything on track I still have anxiety no matter what. I feel like it’s always something that goes threw your mind. It literally takes over your life I feel like I can’t be myself. I’m sorry you’re going threw it to. People suck, but you are a beautiful girl, and there’s nothing wrong with you okay? There’s something wrong with the people who make comments. My numbers 3189368500 if you ever wanna text me. There’s times when I’m in class that I have a hard time focusing cause of my anxiety from it. Have ou tired balance complex? 
    • Posted

Sydney,

Thank you so much for the support. Yes I agree it haunts my thoughts every single day of my life and makes it impossible to just be HAPPY. I am sorry you have to go through this as well. Maybe try seeing an all natural Doctor, I have heard they have an all natural process to break down the Biofilm which is the main cause of BV and the “fishy smell”. I am going to research an all natural Doctor in my area here in Florida and hopefully save money money to be seen. I am here if u need, have a nice weekend. 

• Posted

And I have not tried balance complex, 
  • Posted

Hey I literally had tried everything to cure my bv! Metro pills cured it temporarily but gave me a yeast infection. Diflucan gave me bv so it was non stop for a year. I Changed my diet, stopped drinking alcohol, took probiotics, vitamin D, Vitamin C, Greek yogurt tampons, washed with water only, I mean everything. BORIC ACID SUPPOSITORIES FINALLY CURED ME! A lot of obgyn's think its outdated and argue theres no evidence that supports it cures bv/ yeast infections but it cured mine. I got a prescription from my doc and I had to get them made at a compounding pharmacy for about $40 but its well worth it! They sell capsules online but you never know what your'e getting so compounding pharmacy is the most safe option I believe. Just wanted to shared because I know how much bv sucks it messes with your everyday life, sex life and confidence always worried if someone can smell you. Well wishes, hang in there you'll find what works for your body!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.