Not Sleeping

Posted , 17 users are following.

I'm 10 weeks out from TKR and need to ask has anybody had problems sleeping. I go to bed and my knee is very pins and needles like, fall asleep wake up in pain, get up walk, elevate, ice go back to bed and its the same thing all over again within an hour or two. Thank you.

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Here ya go...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/trouble-sleeping-post-tkr--539591

Sweet dreams...

PS: You just knew I had this in my back pocket...didn't you?  Just click on my name and look at my Discussions...like 20 of them out there...have fun...

• Posted

Everyone has to find the combination of things that work for them.  Pick and choose; try a few different techniques.  I personally have had to call in Wiley Coyote on occasion...my wife has the rubber mallet in her drawer...
    • Posted

Chico you're a star cos you certainly helped me 4 months and I'm 9/10 for sleeping walking and pain now decided i can cope with having my other knee doneA big thank you xx

• Posted

I was dong some sleepwalking on the pain meds during my first 3 months.  My wife slept in another bedroom because she couldn't get any sleep with all my tossing and turning.  When she found me frying bacon at 3 am in the kitchen...asleep...she had a bolt lock put on the OUTSIDE of the master bedroom door and LOCKED ME IN every night!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.