Not sleeping on Mirtazapine

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I was on citalopram 20mg for over 2 years but found they weren't working anymore and I was also having trouble sleeping,I got myself a Fitbit and was amazed at how many times I woke up every night and how many times I was restless!!! Went back to the docs and she put me on Mirtazapine 30mg saying they would help me sleep, the 1st one I took knocked me out and I slept much better but then my sleep pattern has gone back to being rubbish, I am on them for anxiety and mild depression, obviously I shall give them more time to work properly but as I was told they have a sedative in them I assumed they would help me sleep better pretty much right away, my doctor checked numerous times that there were other people in the house to wake me in case they knocked me out!!! Am wondering if after a few weeks they will help me

Sleep or if I should be on the 45mg dose.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.