not slept for months after twich in head - MRI finds nothing - HELP

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all just wondered if anybody could help me, im just seeking advice for a friend really as he has come to a dead end at the moment. Basically he went to bed on a normal day and everything was normal but then he said he got woken up with a sharp pain in his head and he blacked out. once he came around he was ok or so he thought, unfortunately since then he has been unable to sleep at all so for approx 1 year he hasnt hardly slept. he has tried all sorts of sleep medicines and remedys, and even had an MRI scan which found nothing, the doctors are puzzled as they dont know what is wrong, he is due to have some kind of sleep trial soon. is their anybody on here that could potentially advice us if they have ever heard of anything like this before or what else we can try to solve them mistery. so just for short to recap: he went to bed as normal, got woken up with sharp pain in his head, blacked out and since not been able to sleep

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello, Please try CBTi and sleep restriction therapy.
    • Posted

hi sorry for late reply

iv spoken to my friend and the latest is he has had a CAT scan with the neurologist and they found nothing on his brain

• Posted

sorry forgot to add to my origianl post that my friend went to bed as normal and actually got woken up by a massive bang in his head, flashing lights and ringing in his earsĀ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.