Not successful after all

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had recommended Dr Butler in Santa Monica, but 7 months later, changed my mind as still have symptoms. may try again with a different Dr.very disappointed. the ear tube he placed caused a pergoration and five weeks ago i had to have a tympanoplasrt which is a new eardrum graft placed in! ive had months of complications. a CT scan indicates that my eardrum is closed and may have scar tussue keeping it closed permanently. i am beyond upset. the dilation was last March. i developed a terrible infection which went into my mastoid. hadto have that cleaned out too.it has been awful. ETD wouldhave been easier to live with.....

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hang in there! Sending some good vibe! I've heard hundreds of Eustachain tube Unsuccessful Stories. I always recommend staying away from surgeries unless absolutely necessary confirmed by at least 3 doctors. Hope you can still get some much needed rest, try not to worry too much. Think happy thoughts. "Expecto Patronum" sending your way.

Blessings.

-Jean

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.