not sure

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, im 46 and was at my Gps the other day for one thing and ended up having my blood pressure taken which she said was too high, she did it once more 5 mins later and it was the same, straight away she did a prescription for Rampril and that was that, i havent taken any because i read horror stories about statins (my own mom included),  so now im left feeling scared and confused , the Gps parting words were any central chest pain call 999 (i do take verapamil for tachycardia). So my question is does it have any symptoms? I do feel rubbish and tired most the time but dont know if thats linked or not. Ive just had a blood test but wont know results for around a week, thank you

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Don't worry peppa.

Ramipril is an ACE inhibitor given to treat hypertension and also for left ventricular dysfunction. Statins are given for dyslipidemia or hyperlipidemia. Every medication has some kind of side effects, but the doctor would have prescribed it for you as its benefits would outweigh the risk involved if your BP is not controlled.

The common side effects with statins are muscle pain or cramps or elevated liver enzymes (mostly involving chronic use).

Your tiredness could be due to many reasons, like due to heart problems, high BP, or chronic fatigue syndrome; the list goes on. If you are feeling so worried, get a master checkup.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.