Not sure

Posted , 6 users are following.

Everyone seems to be writing perfect stories about their depression. Setting the scene and explaining the situation. I have nothing against those people and I understand what they're saying. All I can say is that I can't explain what's happening with me. I work. I live a pretty normal life. I do have issues. Ive had enough issues with my girlfriend to write 3 novels. I've completely pushed my family away because of my faults. Basically I'm having issues. I'd like for someone to just understand that. It seems impossible though. I hope I haven't bored anyone that's listening.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My belief is that there are depressions caused by bad events in ones life, and another depression that is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain so even if you have a wonderful life like Winston Churchill, you still get bad depression.

Maybe you have the later and will therefore respond well to the medications that correct this imbalance?

• Posted

Hi stephen in no way have u bored anyone . How we all describe our depression is v different. A few things sound obvious that cud trigger depression maybe definately relationship issues. Of which it sounds like there are a few probs there xx also if you want to private msg me u can maybe our issues are the same who knows. Take care, mandy xx
  • Posted

Hi Stephen58718

Don't worry you haven't made us bored. We are all hear to listen. I am suffering from depression and I am waiting for a mental health assessment.

Please talk to someone you can trust or your doctor they can help.

All the best :-)

• Posted

Do you think you are suffering from depression?  Have you seen a doctor and sought medical help?   Everyone has issues but not everyone gets depression.

There are no such things as 'perfect stories' about depression as it's a horrible illness.  People do write about their experiences but that's usually based on self knowledge.  Nowt wrong with that!   Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Stephen - no you are definitely not boring anyone. See a doctor and discuss what ails you. Meds may be prescribed and will take 3-8 weeks to work. Adjustments to meds and/or doses may be required. Meds are a tool and no more than a band aid if not used in conjunction with self-discovery. Request a referral to a psychologist where you can dig down inside and find what is triggering these feelings because the answer is in there somewhere. If you don't feel comfortable with the therapist, find another. This self discovery must be done in an environment where you feel safe to express yourself. It will be a lengthy and sometimes painful process but it's important to persevere. It will be exhausting. But you will begin to understand yourself, learn to recognise any triggers that cause episodes, and coping skills to deal with them. The therapist will understand all of this and is there not to provide answers but to help guide you to discover your own answers. They are there inside you. You will begin to feel better, in control, and you will appreciate the unique, deep and valuable person you are, have been, and always will be. You don't have to suffer. Relief requires action. Make that appointment today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.