Not sure about HRT

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have been getting hot flushes and night sweats. I'm tired all of the time. I went to my doctor and she suggested HRT but I'm a little concerned as she said once I start it i shouldn't come off it as the symptoms will return.

I would like to know if it worth trying it or just hope it stops soon?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I started evorel conti patch 4 weeks ago, for about 10 days I bled heavy but now, no symptoms at all, no sweats no aches and pains no headaches.

• Posted

Thank you. I am considering it. I didn't think the aches and pains was anything to do with the menopause but after reading , I have realised I have more symptoms than just hot flushes.

• Posted

I've been using BIH therapy. I stopped using the estrogen replacement and now I'm just using progesterone cream. My quality of life is totally worth it!

I'm afraid my doctor won't let me stay on therapy long enough to get me through this phase.

• Posted

Totally worth doing it. It'll help you feel better and maintain bone, heart and sexual health. Research bioidenticals rather than synthetic hormones. For many women, the symptoms of menopause will diminish over time and you can be 'weaned' off of them. Personally, if you are active and healthy, and if it were me, I would stay on them if I was having continuing negative menopausal symptom post menopause, regardless of my age.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.