Not sure about stents

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 70 years old now. 2004 I had triple bypass. 2010 I had another bypass because the left one failed. Now my cardiologist wants to do a heart catherization because of a difference in the pictures taken during a stress test. He says he may use a stent if there is significant blockage. I guess my question is , do stent really work. Haven't found anyone with stent that didn't need reopening in a year or two. Has anyone here had stents for any length of time ? I'm very active and eat very healthy. I guess that's why my 2004 bypasses have stayed open. I know 70 isn't young but I don't feel 70.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The thing is  (old Timer )  hope you have a sense of humour !!!!!

WE more or less have been down the chest expanding road,

Stents have improved over  the years. I had one done in Dublin..and it was 

dead in under a year  because  it was not slathered in antibiotics and whatever

else they use to stop your immune system from giving it a good kicking .So ,

have no fear  you will be fine,,, and 4 is better than 3   ask your heart man,

He will be greatly impressed with your knowledge

Trust me, I'm  a receiver  lol

• Posted

Oh , I've got a great sense of humor ! Proud to be an old timer and in " almost great shape ".

It is what it is. But just wondering how long people have a stent before they close up. Thanks for answering.

• Posted

I have just explained all the gorey details to you,,, read it again when you are awake !!!!!
    • Posted

My friend had one done 14 years ago and his was and is fine, he had a check last year no probs.

He's 64 go for it, they have improved even since then, I know loads that have had it done in the last couple of years but used Den cause of time scale

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.