not sure i can stick this

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I am on cymbalta for fibromyalgia and depression.  I switched from 40mg citalopram (18 months) which wasn't helping my depression to 30mg dulox. Was on that about two weeks and have been on 60mg for another two. I'm soooo tired. I have chronic fatigue anyway but this has taken it to another level. My mood is very bad. I have a 10 year old and 17 year old - she practically looks after me. I am on my own tonight and my mood has dropped considerably. I'm not looking forward to the long hours ahead. I feel very very low. Have opened a small bottle of wine. I am feeling so awful on this drug. Does it get better? I have tried mitrazapine before, for 6 months, which helped my mood but left me feeling like a zombie, sertraline was awful, citalopram obviously is no good. I'm feeling like I just want to stop taking the cymbalta.

Any advice from people with experience of it. It isn't helping with the fibro yet either.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I suggest putting down the bottle of wine 1st. 2nd....I suggest that you talk with Dr. about the mirtazapine, a low dose of 15mg at night may be just the thing you need. Mirtazapine is great for sleep and horrible if you take in daytime. The combo with Duloxetine and Mirtazapine has proven to be a very powerful anti-depressant and has shown sucess in patients. It is reffered to as Limerick Rocket Fuel. 
    • Posted

Limerick Rocket Fuel eh? Sounds good! I'm not sure I can stick the Mirt again. Yes it helped me sleep but the 15mg knocked me out during the day (I took it at night).

It's only one of those small bottles...large glass. And yes, I know, that's probably a good thing!

• Posted

7.5mg at bedtime is sufficient and it acts with the duloxetine in day so you are not all tired and sleepy. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.