Not sure if ETD or Meniere's...please help.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, 

I am a 31 year old male, 6'1, 174 lbs. About 3 months ago I went to see my general doctor and I told him that my right ear was blocked up and that I had hearing loss and everything sounded muffled. After examining me and not seeing anything in my ear, he told me that I most likely have ETD. He prescribed me fluticasone 50 mcg/Actuation nasal spray and another steroid however I had no luck and it did not go away. 

When I went back, he finally decided to put me on montelukast 10 mg tablet. I had a few episodes where I would feel extremely dizzy and nauseous and would have to lay down for a few minutes but after a couple of days everything cleared up. I also went to see an ENT and he inserted something really uncomfortable in my nose and did an examination and found nothing as well. Well, here I am 3 months later and it's back again. My right ear is blocked, I can hear a sound like my blood flowing but no tinnitus

The strangest part about this whole thing is that around 6:30PM every evening, I get horrible nausuea and get super dizzy and have to lay down for 20 minutes for it to go away. I'm really worried that this might not be ETD but instead Menieres...hopefully I'm wrong.

I really want to do the eustachian tube dilation surgery with the balloon to open up my Eustachian tube because I'm sick of this condition. 

Any idea on what this could be guys? Thanks so much in advance! 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.