being woken up in night 

acid reflux 

chest pains

shortness of breath 

please help me people!!

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi Daisy, I would make an appnt to see a Gastroenterologist..they can give you tests and take blood work.  If it is Gallstones they will help you..don't suffer...keep me posted and good luck

• Posted

Thanks Jennifer I'm already under one but my pain is getting worse and keep feeling something moving recently and quite concerned as I'm only young and don't know wether to get to hospital thanks 
  • Posted

If I was you I would go to the hospital . Get checked out as only you know how bad you feel. Let us know how you get on x
    • Posted

Thanks have you had gallstones before? X and will do Jane 
  • Posted

As  a follower of this "Blog" I note that many contributors over the years have all or some of your symptoms. 

Your doctor will refer you to a consultant and the process of rectification will commence. If surgery is being recommended, please do seek a second opinion for your peace of mind.

I am not a medical person but sounds very like those contributors with  gallstones or sphincter of oddi dysfunction.

To delay seeking medical help is to suffer needlessly!

• Posted

It could be gallstones by the sound of it.

What you need to do is ask a GP to refer you for an ultrasound scan.

This should show up any gallstones.

In the meantime try to keep to a low fat diet.

Hope this helps

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah xxx

• Posted

Thanks had many unltrasoubds shown nothing been going on fa r nine months and hospital can't find anything I'm just so fed up I would love that eat a meal and not be in pain xx
    • Posted

There is a condition called Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction which has all the characteristics of gall stones but without any gallstones.

Not easy to verify it and not many doctors familiar with it.

Read up on it on the internet prior to seeking medical advice. 

• Posted

I was told I only had 1 single stone but after my op they told me I had several others too so they dont always pick these up on scans. Also I have had symptoms over the years and scans and they never picked up the stones so it doesnt mean to say you havent got them from my experience.
    • Posted

did you find out anymore about what was going on with you? x
    • Posted

I've just been discharged from the clinic that o was under but haven't run any tests in my gallbladder and won't actually listen to me when I say my own GP has said could be cause. Instead they've told me that I need to loose weight and that some of it I could be thinking Is their but isn't so I'm gonna follow there advice but if nothing changes referring to another hospital and going to speak to GP as there's lots of things that I haven't just Imaginef like skipping periods and them becoming irregular since o had tummy pains. GP had been correct with all other diagnosis.
  • Posted

Ultrasounds rarely pick up issues if they don't know what they are looking for.

Ask for a CT scan.  This will pick up everything that is wrong inside.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.