Not sure if I'm disappointed?...what do people think?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi -

I'm now in my 3rd week of taking the blues and as i dont go to the nurse to be weighed or anything i have been taking myself off to Boots every Monday to weigh myself.

So i went on Monday after being on it 2 weeks - and i've lost 2lbs...

I know a loss is a loss but i suppose I just thought I would have lost more......and think im a bit disappointed.....

Is this a good loss or should it be more? My husband thinks i have lost inches though too and i could be inclined to say i agree but dont understand how I can loose inches and not pounds....

Anyones thoughts would be great.

Thanks

Kate

x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey there,

Definitely be pleased smile

I like to think of it this way, this also counts for when you stay the same... it's 2lbs you haven't put on smile

So it's nearly like losing 4lbs :p You've done really well, keep it up smile

• Posted

if you have been working out you may have gained muscle - its apparently heavier than fat which is why you may not have lost many lbs but have lost inches
  • Posted

Dont be disheartened you might find that you'll lose more next time, if you read through some of peoples losses on the forum, its swings in roundabouts. Keep up the effort and you'll see a difference in a few months.... slower you lose it the slower it goes back on!

Take care amy xx

• Posted

Hi Kate, I guess it really depends on how much weight you need to lose? Personally I would have been very disappointed with 2lbs in three weeks - but then I've got a lot of weight to lose. Just keep going and see how you do over the next few weeks. if you stick to a low calorie diet with a max of 30g of fat per day then you should see results - maybe your body just needs to get used to it.

Good luck :D

• Posted

Hhiya, remember to wear the same clothes everytime you get weighed, little tip from my nurse!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.