Not sure if I should increase

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi , im on 15mg mirtazipine for 4 weeks. the first weeks i was tired and hungry which was fine and i had no anxiety which was good just agitated bust got less. week 4 i seemed to get worse again more anxious and panic more agitated. sleeping fine so doctor has said to go up but im really dont know what to do because its more stimulating has anyone else had the same experiance and did you go up

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Stew

Only ever stayed on the 15 but went to bed at night armed with a kilo of chocolate.

Watch yerself Bro with the hunger pangs and weight gain

Maybe in a week or so it will sort the anxiety for you . Hope so

John

x

• Posted

hi john

the hunger is big but isnt as bad already but over a stone in 3 weeks

• Posted

Hi Stewart,

I do not understand, when you say: more stimulating? Do you mean: you feel more agitated? Maybe you need to give the medicine more time? It seems to me that your body is still getting used to it.

I have been on M. for the past 6 weeks, I sleep well, no agitation but too much appetite, which really bothers me. Was there any particular reason you were prescribed mirtazapine?

I cannot advise you on the dose, but I have read that it takes up to a month or two to reach the optimal level of medicine.

I hope you reach the right decision.

• Posted

hi , as far as i know when you go 30mg above its more stimulating but i have been agitated so im hoping that doesnt get worse if i go up. im also on fluoxetine which hasnt kicked in yet so hopfully one does soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.