Not sure if it's RA?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am on day nine of red swollen hands over the knuckles on both the left and the right. They are literally ON FIRE, its much worse when they're warm or cold. They frequently tingle and go compltely numb. I have seen two doctors now and both are stumped.

I am 36 F and my younger sister has RA. But I am not having severe joint pain which she said she gets, what I am experiencing is more like mild joint discomfort and severe burning feeling. 

I have been on a tapered dosage of prednisone starting four days ago, and 0.5% topical triamcinalone. 

Please let me know if you think this sounds like RA? I am in so much pain and just want this to stop. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Have they done any blood tests yet? Has your Doctor suggested it may be immune related?. If so ask him if he will refer you to a Rheumatologist.

I have RA and have burning feet and hands when I have high inflammation although I don't have the redness, the burnng seems to be within. I do sympathise with you, it's one of the worst things for me as I get no sleep and have been known to stand in the shower in the middle of the night on 0 degree nights just to get some relief from the burning. try compression gloves if you can stand the extra warmth, i use them and they do help.

• Posted

That definitely looks and sounds like RA.Have you had blood tests

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.