Not sure if re-infestation.

Posted , 2 users are following.

so here is my situation,

about 4 months ago i got infested with scabies, im pretty sure it was from a girl i had a one night stand with, because i noticed her waking up itching in the middle of the night. i didnt think much of it then and she didnt warn me about anything probably because she didnt know it herself that time. anyways, about 6 weeks passed and i started getting the usual symptoms: severe itching at night (mostly in groin area), bumps and scratches here and there. it apeared to get worse by the day. after a week of sleepless nights i contacted my doctor, he immediatly waved me off by saying i should change my shampoo or other products i might be using on my skin. i knew that it probably was something more serious but decided to wait it out a few more days, changing skin products didnt help obviously. by this time i did my own research and found out about scabies, which i discussed with my doctor, he told me it didnt look like scabies but send me to a dermatologist, and surprise, it was scabies. got a iver/perm cream treatment and a week later did my 2nd perm treatment. he gave me a extra tube of perm just in case, which i used as a 3rd treatment out of paranoia again approx 10 days later. i felt immidiate relief, slept like a baby. anyways, about 2 months have passed since my last treatment. i have been itchy here and there but nothing like the severe itch we are all famillair with here. i have been getting bumps that come and go, mostly at the exact places. im pretty sure i have dealt with these little b******s. but like most of you know, the worst thing about this disease is the paranoia it causes. every now and then im almost certain im re-infested, and a day later im sure im not, crazy right? ive been seeing what i think are burrows, but might aswell be scratches. im serverly itchy, and most of the itch i get dissapears without me touching it. my real question is, what if i got re-invested, how much time would it need to go to the fully severe itching that keeps you up at night. i imagine a re-infestation would need some time to spread before it goes berserk on you, so it would start with a light itch going worse by the day. or would it keep you up at night after a couple of days?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

typo at the end, i ment to say im NOT severely itchy.

• Posted

Eric,

my initial thought is to say no BUT we have been there and the paranoia is real. This summer a full year later i got a ton of mosquito bites on my feet where it all started for me had some permethrin cream left and used to just calm my mind...

Having said that it wouldnt hurt to do a killer load of laundry or two. One thing that was mentioned to me that i still do even though i do t have scabies but helps with the paranoia is to put some very hot water in a mason jar and hold it on the itchy spot or bump. If it is scabies it will kill the eggs and if it isnt it will help with the itch.

I hope its just something else and not a re-infest. I wouldnt wish this on anyone

Good Luck!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.