Not sure if this is an sti or burn and irritation from feminine wash??

Posted , 7 users are following.

very swollen and irritated

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It could be a yeast infection (candida). Do you have a thick milky discharge? However, there is not always a discharge. I have had soreness and irritation from thrush without discharge. Try taking an oral fluconazole tablet and see if that helps. I recommend not using any washes down there at all. Even so called feminine washes contain perfume and preservatives that can irritate and upset the Ph balance. The vagina cleans itself with its own juices. I only use feminine washes between the outer labia and the tops of the thighs (where it can get a bit sweaty). I leave the inner bits alone. Before sex I wipe with some coconut oil (also good for calming irritation because it has anti bacterial, anti fungal and anti inflammatory properties).
    • Posted

Yea i was leaning towards yeast infections also but i didn’t really have a thick white discharge but yes it possible to not really have and I’m going to try the oral fluconazole  thanks so much your advice !
  • Posted

If thrush treatment does not work you need to see your doctor. I suffered for several weeks and spent a lot of money in various creams which made the problem worse. I eventually went to see my doctor who took a swab to check for infection and prescribed more cream and a wash. When my symptoms didn't improve I went to see a gynaecologist who told me the only place for all the various creams I had (which I took with me to show him) was the bin. He told me only to wash my inner delicate areas with plain water as soap or washes were not needed. He prescribed Betamethasone valerate 0.025% cream (prescription only) which is a mild steroid to be used every night for one month. Within days my weeks of suffering were over and I was back to feeling normal again, I have taken on board his advice to only use plain water and I have had no further problems.

Hope you are soon feeling better, take care and keep in touch.

• Posted

Crazy thing is I’ve used this feminine wash before just hadn’t used it in a while and got to carried away but know l know just water from here on out for me and thanks I’ll have to check that cream out!
  • Posted

I agree with the only use plain water advice. But for those who are particularly sensitive in that area or susceptible to yeast infections bear in mind that tap water has chemicals added to it (in particular chlorine). Also the Ph of water can be 6-9.5 and the Ph of skin is slightly acidic 4-5. The Ph of the vaginal environment is 3.8-4.5 (acidic). It takes our skin 2 hours to return to normal ph after washing. The Ph of the vagina is very important to its health and if the Ph is unbalanced this can upset the balance of bacteria and yeast, hence yeast and bacterial infections.
    • Posted

Yes so would you recommend that should eat yogurt for a yeast infection?
    • Posted

You should always eat yoghurt for the good bacteria it provides for the health of your whole body. I am milk intolerant so I take probiotic capsules twice a day every day to keep thrush at bay.
  • Posted

Yogurt causes breast cancer in women. Eat fermented foods and take probiotics at least 50 bil. Cut out fried foods and sugary things, limit alcohol and caffeine. Eat greens and fruits like crazy! I only use honeypot wash down there and thats only 3x a week. Water is fine. Use coconut oil suppositories for your issues to see if that helps. Buy organic coconut oil, microwave a small amount and then freeze, break up to insert into ur vagina at night. IT GETS MESSY, have a towel or two for when it starts to melt! You can use the oil for your vulva too. Coconut oil is a natural yeast killer. Best wishes
    • Posted

I agree with everything you say, Morgan. I had persistent and recurring thrush a few years ago. Now I eat no sugar or anything with added sugar in it. The only sugar I get is that which occurs naturally in fruit. I also don’t have anything with artificial sweeteners because that the yeast feeds on anything sweet. I take pre and probiotic capsules and have meso soup (meso is a good fermented food). I apply coconut oil after every time I go to the toilet. My yeast infection frequency gradually dropped and I haven’t had it for some time. The last time I had it I had got too hot.

I didn’t know about the yoghurt linked to breast cancer thing. I don’t eat yogurt anyway due to my milk protein intolerance. But what is the research behind that?

• Posted

Hi Suki, Yes I had oral thrush, toenail fungus, and a weird strain of yeast infection genitally. It was all caused by an overload of bad bacteria in the gut, taking antibiotics, and not replenishing the good bacteria. I had this for years and it spread to my whole body!! I have been miserable for years. Finally got a diagnosis last March by Dr. Marvek in Annapolis, MD. He was the only doctor who figured out what was wrong with me. Honestly, I watched the documentary: What the Health. Milk, cheese, yogurt pretty much anything from a cow is bad for us. It does crazy horrible things to our hormones, causes inflammation, and causes cancer. We should all be on plant based diets, but if we can't commit to that ( I can't ) then just try it when we have ailments.

• Posted

Also try Boric Acid suppositories. They are supposed to kill any BV, yeast or anything going on in there and balance pH. I got them from Amazon for like 20-25$
  • Posted

Have you tried putting ice packs on for 20 minutes at a time? I do that and soak in cool bath with baking soda in it. It really helps! I do the cool bath first, then the ice packs. I'd be sure to get checked out first though. In case of infection. 

• Posted

Hi I came across your post and I'm having the same problem and I'm wondering if it's gone now and what you do to make it go away?

And did you have to go to the doctors?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.