not sure if working

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All, been on orlistat for 3 days now, im eating healthy sticking to the no more than 5g of fat per 100g and having no side effects. Ive had these tablets since november but been too worried to take them after reading the side effects. im glad to say so far i have none! im looking to loose around 5 stone in the long run as im currently 18stone now. I am well proportioned at 5ft 11 i do not feel 18 stone but im 2 stone heavier than i was 6 months ago. Going to stick with what i am doing but was wondering if you have to vigorously exercise while on these tablets? i dont get home from work until 6:30 at night by then my boyfriend has cooked me dinner and i want to wind down for the evening. I am thinking of joining the gym end of january to loose a bit extra in time for our holiday in may. Any suggestion would be most appreciative.

thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elisha not sure if I can help, but when I was on oristat previously and stuck to low fat healthy food there were no side effects.

I don't think u need to overdo the exercise either, but just moving a bit more everyday should help

• Posted

Hi Margaret

thanks for your advice. Think thats what im going to do just to be safe than sorry. Im going to start power walking every evening to see if that helps

• Posted

I used to think that the tablets didn't work cause I would have cheated a bit with no ill effects. But believe me they do I had s few binges and thought I'd got away with it and the tablets were useless. I paid for it with terrible wind and cramps, and then really bad loose motions which I couldn't hold and had to run in desperation. Good luck!!
    • Posted

i had a littlew cheat last night with a few squares of chocolate and havent seen any, but trust me im never far from the topilet just incase! i have warned everyone at work also. Were they successfull for you? If you dont mind me asking how long until you noticed a weight loss and how much?
  • Posted

Hi I've just asked my doctor to prescribe them again but as I've had a weight gain from I last took them,(5months ago)I need to have a loss first. I had a total knee replacement 10weeks ago at 16stone from 21stone 12lbs. I am now 18stone.

The tablets act like a deterrent so I know if I was on them again I would have to make wise choices or suffer the conconsequences lol.

• Posted

so you lost 5 1/2 stone using these? how long was that over? ideally id like to loose 5-6 stone but think that could take years. I am 18 also atm and two stone heavier than when i was when the doctor prescribed them but unfortunately couldnt start straight away as i was in hosital and thats where my eight went on. 

Well my partner loves junk food and he is really thin so it will be extra hard when he is tucking into chocolate and sweets every night lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.