Not sure this is Globus.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have what feels like a small piece of food or maybe a skin tag in the upper left part of my throat. I have seen ENT and had a cat scan but they showed nothing. Scope also showed nothing but I am convinced there is something there they missed. Doesn't feel like a lump, more like a small nodule. It seems to be coming from the area between my TMJ and left ear. The feeling seems to radiate to the ear. I really think this is something else but Globus. If anyone reading this can offer any ideas, hints, solutions etc. I would ne very very grateful. I really hate this and it has diminished the quality of my life to no small amount. Thanks for listening. Pat.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been through exactly the sAme worries.  Had nose and throat camera, ultrasound and they have found nodules on my thyroid but the consultant isn't unduly worried about that.

i have lump in throat and feels like phlegm consistently there which I can't cough up!  Really getting me down to be honest.  I do try not to think about it and the only time it isn't there is when I eat and drink.

i have had this since beginning of January after suffering a lot of stress.

sorry I can't be of any help but I do hope you feel better soon.  Let me know how you get on or if anyone gives you a solution.

• Posted

Thanks for the input. I am not going to give up until I get rid of this.
    • Posted

Let me know how you get on.  If I find a cure I'll let you know.  Here's hoping and praying. 

• Posted

I'm having the exact same issue! I have a feeling of something stuck in my throat, or of a lump there. It's always there in some capacity but sometimes it feels more pronounced and sometimes it feels phlegmy. It's so awful and has also diminished my quality of life considerably. I saw an ENT and he put the camera down my nose and throat and says that I have LPR (silent reflux) because I had other symptoms too such as hoarseness, mild cough and heartburn. Well that was 6 weeks ago and all the other symptoms have pretty much gone except this throat thing. It all started after I took antibiotics that caused severe burn so I'm hoping this will just ease with time as my body heals inside. Anyone else experience this with LPR??

• Posted

Sounds like my situation. I wish folks could attempt to describe the near exact spot on their throat/neck area where the feeling of the "globus" sensation is coming from. Thanks for your reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.