Not sure what is going on... Possible LS

Posted , 10 users are following.

I gave birth to my last baby may of 2016. I am breast feeding and got my period back at 18 months postpartum and have had 2 so far (21 post partum now). Six months after he was born I started getting very itchy above my clitoris to the right of it and occasionally on my perenium. I do not have any white patches and have seen my doctor (he has only looked) and says he thinks the itching is due to me breastfeeding. My question is can LS stay is small spots and not spread? Do white patches always show up after a certain amount of time? I do not have any disappearing of parts. I sometimes get little fissures in my perenium. I'm just terriefied that its undiagnosed LS.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi renee

Been dealing with LS for 4years. Any way i had to go to physio yesterday i have a prolaps.While the nurse was taking notes she told me that now if you give birth and are breast feeding there is a drop in your hormone levels and this can bring on LS . What can happen is they can give you a pessery full of hormones to help. Im in the UK Oldham hospital. Never heard of that before but that did happen to me but the meds just said it was a yeast infection. Years ago with my first child.

Hope this helps

Kay x

• Posted

What kind of symptoms did you have when you were nursing? I'm a nervous wreck with thinking its LS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.