Not sure what’s going on?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I was diagnosed with both PMR and GCA last October and have struggled with flare ups and nasty side effects from the steroids!

When I found this forum it was a great place to share and support each other.

I’m not sure what’s happened in the last few days but the discussions seem to be moving away from the support group and people seem to be falling out and saying hurtful things!

I am saddened that some people can be so hurtful and if this continues I won’t be posting again! This is sad in itself as I’ve been given some excellent advise and support during a difficult time in my life! 

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

It's something in the stars and will pass.  I've been following forums for three years now, and this sort of thing has happened once or twice before and then blows over.  Best thing to do is to report these posts and replies to the moderator, because they are not directly relevant to our illness, although one could argue that stressful events in our lives contributes to how we are feeling and sometimes we want to vent.  But I agree with you.  This is not the place for political confrontation.  

• Posted

I have been on this forum for around four years and every now and again some individual comes along and rocks the boat. Luckily they usually go away again often with the help of the administrators and we can then carry on in the great place it normally is.
  • Posted

Dear Anne - don’t let this bit of nonsense keep you away from the serious intention of this Forum. We are lucky to have such an excellent place where we can share what’s going on and get advice. Have a rest for a while, the Admin will sort out out, and it will all blow over. I ran a Forum for some years and this sort of situation arose from time to time - fortunately here it’s pretty rare.
  • Posted

I agree but I have missed all this for some reason.
    • Posted

There are occasionally advantages to not receiving notifications!!!!!
    • Posted

So have I missed whatever - not in the posts and topics I've selected to read.

• Posted

Just don't give them the oxygen of your notice. And report, report, report...

It will pass - it always does. And it happens on all forums - it is social media after all. This forum is usually well and speedily moderated.

• Posted

Hi Anne,

One of my posts was inadvertently hijacked but such a thing and it blew over fairly qickly  some people are a bit too quick to bite as one cannot hear the intonation and mis-read the message or thought!

I may have missed what you are referring to as again I haven't always been getting notifications and then suddenly they will flood in.

Don't let it stop you from using this forum it had helped me a great deal, not only on this but for other health issues...hope to see you around....best wishes, Maggie

• Posted

Looks like some of the posts have been deleted by the moderator. Hopefully back to normal.
  • Posted

Don't be put off, Anne - the great advice and support will always be here... and any shenanigans can be ignored (they'll quickly blow over, anyway!). 

• Posted

Thanks!

I just don’t like confrontation and am trying so hard to stay calm and away from silly stress!! 

Hopefully we’re back to normal x

• Posted

Hi anne, just want you to know, it wasn't ME that caused the 'ugly' on MY thread, that's been proven to me privately. However, I do apologize for any additional stress this may have caused you as that most Certainly was not my intent!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.