Not sure what these bumps are?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have these bumps that have shown up in my genital region that easily scratch off. they come off as what looks like little clumps of tissue. irregular in shape for the most part. im worried its either warts or molliscum contagiosum. im in a monogamous relationship and he doesnt have any of these symptoms.

they dont itch, but bleed like a mofo when they come off . seems after i shaved the last two times it got worse.

any ideas!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary,

I'm so sorry but this does look/sound like molluscum. You could have picked this up from anywhere. Shaving will spread them. Warts dont pick off easily. Molluscum bleeds like crazy when it comes off. I see the crater in the second pic you posted and that is a telltale sign.

Don't panic - take it from someone who's been there, this is not the end of the world and it WILL go away. Apple cider vinegar is a treatment that works for a lot of people and worked somewhat for me. You can also remove them yourself at home but you will need to take precautions - only try it if youre convinced you can make it work. Google these, there is lots of good info online. Dont spend too much time googling or reading forums - you will read horror stories and this will not help you. I cant stress this enough.

Good luck. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Marz

• Posted

i remember that i picked at one when i thought it was an ingrown hair. now i think thats what caused it to spread even more. now i have more bumps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.